santa or no?

edited November 2011 in First time moms
Just want yalls opinion on whether or not to pretend there is a santa my lil girl will only b 3months this christmas but next yr ill have to either pretend or not tell her that I know it helps them build an imagination but I also don't want her to think of being a liar n her find out the truth n it devistate her what should I do?

Comments

• My daughter is 4 and believes there is a Santa but my hubby and I really didn't want to give a fake person credit for stuff we bought. But we also use Santa as leverage to get her to be good so it can go either way! Sorry. I am no help at all! Lol
  • my kids think there is a santa and they arre 6&8 years old...we also use leverage with good behavior lol
  • Bd is jewish so he never experienced santa. I had to explain to him how santa works. Lol
  • Im conflicted also. I dont want to introduce Santa too my lo but I know outside influences will be there so I probably will just go with the Santa flow. Lol
  • Hmmm..I wonder about this also...I grew up believing in santa..so will probably do the same with my son.
  • I had no intention of introducing Santa to my now 3 yr old, but the babysitter and other people wound up teaching him. I want my children to understand the true meaning of christmas.
  • Aww... I dont see a problem w santa. We live in such a crummy world, i think its just something fun and innocent for kids to imagine. I totally understand all our ur views on it tho. Its something only u can decide. ;)
  • @bigbelly @myheartzx3 @steph_due_101611 @mimii36 @litababy @vtmamajuju @mommyof3girls lol I'm still not sure what to do she has older sisters n they might end up telling her there's no santa but my family is santa teachers when I was finally told there is no such thing as santa I was crushed I may just do it until about 4 or 5 then tell her the truth thanks for everyones opinion even though some of y'all r torn between what to do as well lol
  • I think you should let the kids have fun and believe in Santa, tooth fairy, and easter bunny. They are only little one time
  • Agree wit mommyfor3 :)
  • I never believed in Santa.. I'm pro choice. My 2 year old hasn't chosen if to believe or not.. but I'll be there for her regardless of her choice.
  • I grew up with Santa and so did my husband. We will teach or kids about Santa but I dunno when we'll yell them the truth.
  • My son is 11 and still believes :)
  • We are going to put the little gifts from santa and the bigger gifts from mom and dad.
  • What??? There is no santa!?! Lol

I'm 31 and asked my moms advice on this issue. She said she still believed and if I was choosing not to believe then he wouldn't leave me presents anymore :)

We never had the I don't believe talk when we got old enough to know the truth, but I can remember at about 10 my mom took us to the mall to buy gifts for a family in town not doing so well. She told us we were going to be their santa that year. Mom stayed in the car down the block and we dropped the gifts on the door, rang the bell, and RAN! It became our santa traadition until I moved out. Can't wait to do this with my lo.
  • My baby will definitely believe in santa
  • My 11 year old figured out there's no Santa last year but she loved all I did for her to keep the magic of Christmas alive. My second baby will be 8 months the day after Christmas and I'm slowly introducing her to him but next year we are tracking Santa and making cookies and I always have a special gift on Christmas from Santa. My oldest is found? To help me it will be our tradition. My bd is Muslim and isn't supposed to celebrate Christmas but still does but not like us. He thinks it's great for her to believe in Santa. Lol I miss it. Don't worry your child will never think you lied to them.
  • Defo gotta have a Santa and the fun for parent/s sneaking around waiting for kids To be in bed, drinking that milk, nibbling carrot, and leaving cookie crumbs on the plate, putting presents under the tree!

my lil bro is 7 and no longer believes (grow up to fast these days) so said to my mum this year seen has there's no Santa can i have my presents early haha

i think he still wants to believe though cos i managed to get him to write a letter to Santa and have ordered him a letter from a children's charity which i do every year :) x
  • @everyone thanks for ur advice I really appreciate them imma let her believe n santa >:D<
  • Very important thing.... don't ever tell her the truth unless she asks for the truth. But make sure she really wants the truth cause once u know Christmas isn't the same:(
  • We are going to do a big present from Santa and the rest from family and explain like it was to me, that Santa is the spirit if Christmas, and the naughty and nice aspect is doing the right thing to add to that spirit. That way there is truth and a lesson when they are old enough to reason.
  • I stopped believing in Santa when I was five. I plan to let my little guy believe as long as he wants to.
  • I'm 22 an stil believe in Santa! My mum stil does me a stocking with little bits an peices! My 12 yr old sister told my mum she didn't want a stocking this year an asked for an extra pressent instead!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My family doesn't place much stock in gifts, for us it more about the family gathering. But I wont stop my little one from believing in Santa. There is so much bad in this world, I dont see any problem in allowing my son to believe in something as exciting as Santa.