mamas! update in comments- is it normal? this was her first growth spurt/cluster feeding

edited November 2011 in Breastfeeding
All you guys know that as your baby gets older they start to nurse longer, or some of us sahm's don't mind being our child's paci bc it comforts them to sleep. :) while my daughter will eat a total of 30 to 50 min (she always takes both breasts) anyways it gets tiring and boring as we all know - what do you guys do when you nurse, I know I'll text/scan over pregly or play games like fruit ninja on my phone, and sometimes watch tv lol.

Comments

• same here! or ill watch a movie..im up most of the night so i can watch golden girls! haha
  • @bahamamama4828 lol same!! My girl is only 3 weeks, she will keep her eyes open for a lil bit but once she closes them I'll do my thing. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same here! Fb, tv, & pregly!
  • same..on my phone..looking up stuff online..or tv
  • I play counting and number games with my 2yo and we sing songs to bubs. Tv and my phone are my saviour though lol
  • Yay! I'm not the only one @tinka1326, @nameless, @yayal0vesy0u, @ashleyfew! I feel bad to a point bc its suppose to be a bonding time, so when her eyes are open we will have eye contact but besides that I'll do other things, especially at night bc I don't want to pass out lol
  • I go on pregly or check my emails and sometimes shop or look at stuff online.
  • I go on pregly or check my emails and sometimes shop or look at stuff online.
  • I do pregly fb tv. Lol. I have to go back to work soon how do I make his eating times shorter? I don't mind him eating for an hour or more sometimes but I can't do that when I go back to work.
  • @samantha I am not sure... He will eat for as long as he needs

BTW update! 2 days & 3 nights and her cluster feeding is over! Woo! My milk supply is up and usually is full after 2 hours, she feeds every 2-3 in the day, at night she feeds every 3-4 sometimes 5 hrs :D she'll eat on one boob for 20-30 min, and not even want the other! Let's just say my nipples feel SOO much better :)

Is it normal for her to only take one boob for that long? In the beginning she did that. She 3 weeks + 1
  • Congrats @teeniemommy. You guys seem to have it down.
    My baby is still eating every two hours he is almost 4 weeks old am I not filling him up very well? I let him eat till he is done.
  • My daughter has always only fed from one side at a time. She feeds till im.empty on one side and I have never bothered offering the other cos by then she is usually sleeping