rice cereal in formula

edited November 2011 in Food
What's you ladies opinion on putting a little rice cereal in babies formula My son is 7 weeks old and drinks about 5-6 every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs and doesn't sleep well during the night and the only way he's satisfied is with more milk. My mom says she use to put rice cereal in me and my siblings bottles and it filled us up more and we slept better at night and no side effects. If you do already do this what age did you start and how much do you put?

Comments

• i posted some info on this a while back, ill bump for you
  • Wit my son about 8wks wit my daughter 4wks ( her pediatrician recommended it) an I Startd wit very little cuz it constipated them .
  • Started my son at 2 wks with a teaspoon of rice cereal in his bottle but everyone has there own opinion on this I say just go with ur motherly instincts but if you decide cereal start with a teaspoon seen how it work out then gradually increase the amount
  • My baby 7wks I been giving her cereal since bout 3wks but very lil (like 4or5 pinches) and not every bottle because I didn't want her to get constipated.I did it too thicken her milk because it was going straight through her. I did the same with my 4yr old nephew and never had a problem.
  • I personally dont agree with doing it unless suggested by your doctor fir reflux etc. Its not necessary and the reason babies get constipated is because their bodies are not ready for solids... But thats my opinion I dont judge anyone who chooses to do it
  • Don't put too much if you do kuz rice constipates
  • I do since 2 months
  • yes my doc only suggested it with my first for reflux :) but go with whatever you feel is right
  • My doctor told me to add a couple table spoons to my 9 week olds bottle. Because she eats 4-5 ounces every 2-2 1/2 hours. Which means she just not getting full. I would call and ask your doctor