wth....station -2????

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
What does that mean when my doc tells I am a fingertip dialated and station -2???
What does the -2 mean??? Hahaa

Comments

• I'm on my thurd child and I still don't know what it means when they say that lol
  • Ohhh ok I see I was just Like huh lol...it was funny lol.
  • -2 means baby is still floating -1 means becoming engaged 0 means engaged 1 beginning to come down birth canal 2 babys head is out. This is what I read on baby center I believe.
  • Okkk I seee thank-you @mylittleman2011
  • It starts at -5 goes to 0 then +5 baby is coming out that's what I learned in the Birthing class. So it tells where babys head is located how far up the birth canal hwy/she is.
  • Sooo is a -2 goood o bad?
  • Its okay. To give you an idea I was -3 at my last appointment at 40+1 so your ahead of me, 40+4 now. There is no telling how long your baby will stay at that station but it does mean your baby has already descended down from -5, -4, -3 and is now at -2. Make since?
  • Yeahhh hun totally makes sense too me now<3
  • I was a -2 about 2 weeks before I gave birth :)
  • Ya that's good means baby is making his way down. It gets really painful when hits a 0 and stays there for weeks lol. And they move up and down.
  • @Samantha awww reallly if I dmt have her by this weekend I'll be going in on Monday too make an appointment too get induced nxt week I'm a bit nervous but yet soooo excited<3