first time breastfeeding in public

edited November 2011 in Breastfeeding
I was at Walmart, went to the back of the store, sat down on a bench and fed her (imaging that I'm at home in private) Michael was sitting with me trying to make me feel comfortable. Then while I was spacing down looking at jocelynn mike says that some lil pervert middle schooler boy was creeping trying to look down and get a better peek at my boob!! Mike gave him a sharp glare and he went running. But still, the nerve! And I thought it was going so well bc I've heard horror stories of Walmart and publicly breastfeeding... How the freak is feeding my child a turn on??

Comments

• Wow smh. I just,look down and space out
  • ur brave i havent tryed it yet
  • @proudmommy8789 what's smh stand for? & that's what I did..
  • @darknesofnight4u I didn't have a choice she woke up in the middle of shopping! And I couldn't stand to see her cry... :(
  • @teeniemommy smh means shaking my head. I also haven't tried it, idk how I'm going to do. But like you said I prolly will have a hard time seeing her cry and fuss too.
  • I did it usually in my car. Very easy & less awkward.
  • @natashalynn me too! But I had a cart full of stuff and she was crying bloody murder and of all things we parked really far away cause of black Friday. It was in the back where you pick up things you ordered so literally only workers were back there except for the people using the bathroom. I did it on a bench behind an atm machine. Plus I figured hey she's not embarrassed by this so why should I be? It's my job as a mom of a newborn to jump as high as she wants me to. Plus Michael was there to defend me if anyone commented.
  • Shaking my head
  • You can always go to a fitting room
  • Good for you hun. The more you do it, the less awkward it gets. Soon, it won't even phase ya!
  • I try to do it in my car mainly when I am in public but I did it on the military base while shopping with my mother in law and there was some man in his military suit starring at me! And then he smiled some creepy perv smile. Ugh. Really! I was sitting in the corner completely covered and he was turning his head to obviously stare.
  • I always bring a blanket with us so I can just throw it over her & no one can see. I dont care about what other ppl think really but I just feel more comfortable that way.
  • I can barley pump in a br I hate it she doesn't want to latch so pumping is my only option