Young kids out at night?

I am a retail manager for a large busy outlet mall so I had to work a 12 hour overnight shift last night and I was appalled by the amount of parents that drag their young kids out with them. I had to call mall security because one set a parents decided to leave their sleeping schild (maybe 5) sleeping on the bottom of one of my fixtures for an hour while they shopped! Parents were yelling at their kids to stop crying at 3am. I just wanted to yell back, "maybe they are crying because they are tired and should be at home sleeping!" What do you all think? Is it okay to drag your young kids out with you all hours of the night?

Comments

• I totally agree with you I was completely appalled last night when I saw all these young kids out at 2-3 am. Damn pick the safety of your kids and health they need their sleep have a friend grandparent someone come stay if u need to shop that damn bad! I have never choose to do something over my child's sleep. My 5 year old would be hell and so not worth dealing with! Why put ones self thru grumpy tired kids trying to shop--Nope I don't think so.
  • AGREED! We went shopping last night was took my 13 y/o niece who acts very mature for her she & my insanely hyped on Monster 15 y/o nephew to Walmart with us but I told my 9y/o get niece she could not go. We got there & there was a couple w/ 2 small children (guessing 1 1/2 & 3 y/o ) then we saw in A VERY BUSY SHOVING CROWDED AREA a woman walking holding items, no cart walking with her maybe 2month old in a moby wrap, I just kept thinking "Really"
  • I took my baby with me last night but we only went to one store (walmart to get a tv) & she slept the whole time. But if she was older..like a toddler or something I would NOT have taken her with me. Or if I would have been going to more than one store & doing alot of shopping like I did last year(shopped from 10pm to 10am) then I wouldnt have taken her. But I dont understand why a parent would just leave the child asleep like that to go shop. Thats very irresponsible!
  • I went to Macy's at midnight and I was apalled by how many kids were there. I felt so bad for them, it was total chaos in there. I would never put my child through that.
  • I would take a baby in a carry carseat, but I definitely would not take a child who couldn't sleep. I don't go out for Black Friday though. I usually am one of the ones working, so I was enjoying sleeping in, lol!
  • I took my infant left the toddler to target an hour after they opened. No crowds or lines. She was up because she doesnt sleep at night. I wouldnt take her to walmart they were at capacity here ugh.
  • Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! LOL