Will co-sleeping(help plz)

edited November 2011 in Sleep
Be easy to stop? My bby sleeps in the bed with me but I obviously dont want it this way forever! I would like to stop around 2 months. Will it be easy or have I started something by letting her sleep with me? Any tips on how to make the transition & is 2 months a reasonable age?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I read that at I think its 3 months stop rocking them to sleep nursing them etc because that's when they start remembering what was around them when they went to bed. So that's when I am going to stop sleeping with my son because he will remember I was there and wake up wanting me there. If that makes sense. Ill look for the article
  • @ashleyfew I love cosleeping. She sleeps on her tummy so I feel more comfortable with her in my bed BUT I want my bed back! I want to be able to cuddle up with my bf at night like before. Was it easy to transfer him at 8 weeks? How long did it take for him to get used to it?

@Samantha 3 months sounds good. I would love to try to start at 2 months so maybe by the time 3 months hits she will be already getting into the routine.
  • My almost 4 year old is still in my bed ugh !! I learned my lesson both my gurls been in there own bed since day one of course its rite beside my bed . Def the earlier the bettr
  • Depends. My old boss had her 2 year old in bed with her still. Not sure anymore! I hope I don't co sleep!
  • @babyluv8 no way will I co sleep for 2 years!
  • I kept our daughter in bed with us for the first few days after the hospital. After that she slept in her crib minus when she would get up during the night and we were too tired to put her back in there. Now at 6 months she completely sleeps in her crib
  • Yeah and the thing is she used to sleep in a crib but then started getting ear infections constantly so she always felt bad & didn't make her sleep in her own crib. But now they have another baby so maybe she is in there now!
  • edited November 2011
    @babyluv8 how did they manage to make another bby!? Thats one of my concerns. Me & my bf need our "time"!
  • I have no idea how they did it!!
  • I did not plan on co sleeping but I had a c section and it was hard for me to get up and down with him in the bassinet because c section healing is THE WORST! My son is 3 months now and he still sleeps with me I tried to put him in his bed yesterday he stayed in there for 15 minutes soon as he woke up he started crying. I read somewhere the best way to transition is before 3 months after 3 months they have their scheduke in their brains then it said to make sure that your baby is woke so they know they are in their own bed and just show your face every 5 minutes at first and let them cry in their don't pick them up and by 7 days they should be on the dchedule...I tried it but couldn't let him cry. I'll try again tonight
  • @preggointx I know what you mean about the csection thing. I had one also.