Help! Diaper rash its not going away :(

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
My daughter has a diaper rash n no matter wat I do its not getting any better, desitin,change her pampers cruiser to huggies lil movers, to organic huggies but nothing seems to work, any advise

Comments

• Ok im going to buy butt paste to try it, hopefuly works on her
  • What if it is a yeast infection? Those aren't helped by rash creams.
  • Its on her front , could it be? @Fate
  • That's what happened to my daughter and they gave me this cream to apply 3 times a day and it was gone with in 7 days
  • Lotramin (sp?) Might help
  • Sorry, i know thats not how its spelled but if its more of a yeast rash thats what we used... Dr recomended
  • Yeast can spread EVERYWHERE. :(
  • @a_wagner what cream? Pediatrician prescripcon? Or u just buy it
  • Try aquafor it works for everything. Or aveeno diaper rash cream.
  • edited December 2011
    @mommyof3girls its for infants right? Where do I buy it ? Any pharmacy
  • It has to be prescribed. While you're using it, let her spend a little time naked with a towel under her everyday. Yeast like moist dark places( aka: diaper areas).
  • Yes, u can use it on infants. Just ask for a pharmasist to show u where and how often. U can buy it at walmart
  • I had to use it on all 3 of my girls when they were infants.
  • i have never had cream prescribed for my sons yeast infection, i just went to the store and bought some antifungal cream like for athletes foot..i got it at dollar tree too
  • Its like an "anti-fungal" cream. Sounds strange, i know but worth a shot.
  • my sons pediatrician said it was ok as well
  • Thanks for ur hepl ladies ,im gona buy a diff cream until I taker to her pediatrician
  • A&D is the best it will leave that same week my son never had a rash because i put that all the time
  • My daughter had a yeast infection when she was little and I just thought it was a diaper rash... As soon as you get the right stuff from the dr it will go away quick
  • Dr. Smith cream is really good for diaper rash they sell it at walmart.. u can also try camomille(sp) tea apply it to the rash must be warm put like a towel on the bottom with out diaper apply and let air dry ... I've used it on my kids and it really works
  • edited December 2011
    I just went to the doctor for this today and he gave me a prescription. It is an antibiotic ointment you put on three times a day. I have used it twice and it already looks less red. I also, don't laugh, put her on puppy pads twice a day to get air to it. That way when she pees it goes on there and I just throw it away. Lol!
  • My son got it wen he was newborn it was on his from Dr gave him nystatin
  • if its a yeast infection it'll have little bumbs if its just red I would stop using wipes n use a lil wet rag n let it dry before u put diaper back on
  • NOBODY LISTENS TO ME BUT ALOE VESTA WILL CLEAR UP ANY DIAPER RASH INCLUDING IF ITS A YEAST INFECTION.
  • We had a baby at my work with a yeast infection. Parents were bringing her to the dr for a couple days we tried everything. The one thing that started clearing her up was petrolium jelly (a&d vaseline) with baby powder over it.
  • Yep, most likely its a fungal disease and pediatrician would write for nystatin or you can get lotromin over the counter...gone in 4 days.
  • My baby had a diaper rash but turned into a fungal rash it lasted 2 weeks. Nystatin & desitin together n cleared it up in four days :)
  • It was a fungal cream for a yeast infection. I have absolutely no idea how she got it but the cream was perscripted
  • My son got yeast infection his dr prescribed him nystatin and it started clearing up that day. I love it Utah also good for a bunch other skin issues, I use it on mysself when I get razor burn lol