when can you give your baby jarred baby food?

edited December 2011 in Ages & Stages
When's the appropriate age?

Comments

• 6 months. & when you do you should feed the same thing for a week in case an allergy is found. So each week introduce a new food. I'd start with veggies because other wise if you start with fruit they will probably not want to eat the veggies! Some ppl start at 5 months tho.
  • I started at 5 months. She was showing signs that she was ready for something other then a bottle but wasn't a big fan of just cereal so I gave it a shot. I fed her the samething for about 5 days then tried something new. I started with peas and she loves them!! The only thing so far she hasn't liked are green beans and I've tried them about 5 times to see if she'd change her mind... still no luck!
  • I usually start 4-5 months old
  • I started my son at 4mths. he was ready, just watch your baby for signs :)
  • I just started my little one shes 5 months and she loves it! We started with mushed avocado and now we are on peas. And we are doing something new every 3 days but it will be vegies for a while. And oatmeal cereal is next lol I skipped cereal. She will be getting that for breakfast only
  • The Dr gave me the OK at four months. I skipped the cereal cause she didn't like it. Rule of thumb start yellow/ orange veggies then green then fruit. Start new food every 3-5 days. My bd and I don't have allergies so we sorta only waited 2-3 days but I knew what to look for. I don't recommend it though. Have fun! I'm so happy we are on stage 2 cause I was getting bored with the same stuff over and over.
  • 4-6 months when they can sit supported have control over their head and seem to be interested if your baby rejects it try a week or two later
  • My lo has been on jars for a few weeks now. She has half a jar at teatime. I never did the cereal thing as its not something we really do in the UK. She's 17 weeks now but she was showing the signs of needing weaning for ages. She's a big girl and loves sweet potato. Follow your instinct xxx