Do you have a toddler and newborn?

edited December 2011 in Parenting
I have a 2 yr old son and my daughter is 7 weeks old. How do you handle having a 2 yr old and a baby? My 2 yr old is jealous and likes to drive me nuts when I'm nursing the baby because he knows I just cant jump up and get whatever he is getting in to. I have never had to deal with this before because my oldest was 7 when my 2 yr old was born. :)

Comments

• I have a 28 month old son & a 4 week old daughter , I guess I've gotten the good end of the stick cause I haven't got to the jealousy . At least not yet :/
    Well he tries to be "funny" & if he knows I can't get up with baby and I ask him to get me something he points to it and goes this , I say yea then he points to something else & goes this I'm like no Lucas , & he points to like 5 other things until I get mad & then he brings me the right thing . He is great with the baby but sometimes he bugs her to much , he is always trying to give her the bobo even when she doesn't need it . I appreciate the help he is trying to give but he goes over board ! & ever since I had my daughter when he does decided to throw his temper tantrums , he has gotten so much louder - as if he is trying to wake the baby .
  • I have a 3 year old 17 month old an 5 wk old I jus take one day at a time lol !! It's very challenging! Wen baby sleeps I play an hold them I barely get house work done or Anythang else thank god neither one of mine r jealous of the baby I can't believe that I feel lucky lol .
  • you have a funny guy lol mine tries to be funny too. when he gets into trouble he takes her blanket off of her and throws it on the floor..sometimes he tries to pick her up or pat her tummy because he sees dad do it when she gets fussy but he likes to pat her too hard almost hitting her
  • i dont get any house work done either lol but i do try to spend time with him while she is sleeping but she likes to take short cat naps lol
  • My son is 4 and my daughter is 8wks
  • edited December 2011
    He hasn't tried to grab her on his own yet , he always asks me to hold her . Like if I'm in the bathroom & she starts crying he runs to tell me , then goes to fix it on his own . He shhhs her & rubs her arms & gives her kisses . Like just now she was fussing & I was bouncing her on my legs & he was screaming at me to stop that ima hurt her lol
  • I have a 2 year old a 18 month old and a 8 week old. Maybe try getting ur toddler what he wants first if they r both crying because the newborn won't kno any better. Just until he gets used to her. Or until she gets older
  • thank you! I do try to meet his needs first as long as it doesnt leave my starving baby too long LOL (you know how dramatic hungry babies are) :)
  • I have a 4yr old and 2yr old and a newborn coming any day. Im not sure exactly how it will go cuz they are both boys and we having a girl. But my oldest was happy
    when his brother came. He tried helping. This time i think they will be fighting over who will help mommy. Lol.
  • I have a 3 yr old and 1 mo old. He loves his sister and is always trying to hug her. Unfortunately he's been sick since she's been born. My biggest problem is that the mornings are my worst time because I've been up all night. My son wakes up raring to go at 6am. I feel like a horrible mom because he's usually left in front pf the tv on the mornings.

To answer your question, I have no idea how anyone cares for multiple children.
  • lol @vtmamajuju i have no idea either. my son is happy to sit in front of the tv sometimes. he loves the sprout network. im up all night too so its hard to get outta bed. i understand how ya feel
  • That worries me because my son will be 11 months when this new baby is born
  • My son is 2 my daughter 6 weeks, my son regularly does mildly naughty things while im feeding, so to still spend time with him so he doesnt feel left out especially when bubs is cluster feeding I get him to sit with me and read me books or show me how his toys work, now that he knows he will still get attention even when feeding he hardly ever bugs me when I am anymore.
  • When u feel comfortable leaving baby with maybe hubby or a friend take your son out, if just for a hour. Just mommy & son "like old times".
  • I agree with MissQ! My son and I go on "dates" all the time. I always ask him "Do you want to take me on a date?" Just last night we went on a date to walmart. Lol! He loves our special time.
  • @vtmamajuju That's adorable!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a 3 yr old and am due in February. I am worried sick about how my son is going to take having a new baby around. He does really well with his cousins but, they aren't living with him or making him share his mommy time. Not much to do other than wait and see I suppose!
  • I hav a 3yr old a 2yr old an a 11weeks old. Ive actually had a easier time transitioning from 2 kids to 3kids than i did with having 1 kid to 2kids. We made my pregnancy a very big deal an went to the library an got books about mommys bringn little brother/sister home so i tried to prepare them the best way possible. Im so proud to say that i hvnt had that difficult of a time with them transistioning. But my 2 an 3yr old r connected at the hip an keep each other pretty well occupied. An theyr big helpers with the new baby :) jus keep ur patience mama ur doin great!
  • Sadly my education has not helped me lol i think i need some advice from others personal experience :)