when to stop breastfeeding

edited December 2011 in First time moms
I know I can stop when ever I want. But whens a good time to stop? I know for sure when baby gets teeth. I also want to Wrk or school or get a break but I'm waiting till I'm fully sneak breastfeeding. So ladies whens a GD time to stop

Comments

• Meant fully done breastfeeding
  • I was told 1yr also wont he have teeth by then @ta2edblondie
  • My doc says a year but I think I will start trying to wean her off the boob at 6 months. Maybe just night feedings then and go from there.
  • Yea he will have teeth but many moms still bf when their lo gets teeth. Im not sure im comfortable with doing so. I will see how it goes.
  • Im not sure also @mimii36
    @ta2edblondie well have to c dnt want to get bit. But say I stop at 6 months well my son automatically take formula
  • I will stop when I feel im sick of being a cow with udders... Also once lo is on solids your supply will go down a little so that seems like a good time to cut down... Part of me cant wait...
  • I heard they would like women to breast feed for AT LEAST a year. That's what the consultant's at my Prenatal Programs say.
  • Sry to say @tinka1326 I can't wait also. I fill I can't do any thing. I never thought I would breastfeed also. Surprised my self I just want a break hope I'm not sounding selfish
  • @firsttimer I know & it makes me fill bad cause I want to stop sooner.
  • Dont feel bad... I would love to have sex without a bra on and leaking everywhere... I would love to shower without getting out and feeling milk run down my belly... I would love a guilt free beer... Ahhh... So many things I look forward to
  • At least six months. I started to whine my son at six and wilk try to do same with this lil girl but she wont take a bottle.
  • OMG @tinka1326 exactly how I feel.... miss the days having a cold one listen to music lol

• @qweennique u dnt don't do both? I been doing bottle at the start I do both
  • You ladies arent the only ones...i cant wait either!
  • @mimii36 feels GD to know I'm not alone : )
  • I will prolly stop nursing exclusively at 6 months but pump still so she still has bm until she is a yr or so...as long as my supply will last.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew I guess I'm just trying to use a excuse to stop lol. Just dnt want to fill bad when I do.
  • I know right but idk I'm weird I guess lol @Ashleyfew
  • My little one bites my freaking nipple if I try to stick it back in when she latches off. So dont do that lol. I havemt gotten bit on a while. She has to bottom teeth
  • With my other 2 I stoped when they wanted more after they had feed
  • I'm delaying solids till 1 year and am exclusivly bf. I will let her wean at her own pace. I hope she stays interested until at least age 3. I'm going to be one of those freaky bf moms everyone looks funny at :)
  • @Becci its okay ur choice as for me my Max 1yr no longer then that. Lol