Night 3!

edited December 2011 in Sleep
Well I thought I was in the clear. Last nighy this is around the time she was settling down. But tonight she is just getting started. Im now convinced she has colic:(

Comments

• :-( I'm sorry! That totally stinks! I hope it gets better soon!
  • edited December 2011
    Aww no good! Hope everything its better for you and baby.
  • Its almost 8am & shes still going at it. Her eyrs have been shut for the past hour! Its lile shes sleep but still screaming at the top of her lungs! Its a hopeless battle & im obviously loosing!
  • Mine did it too but i found that she was just hungry
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If I was u I might have gone crazy
  • Awe so sorry to hear that...I hope she gets better soon so you both can relax.
  • @MattandMallory27 I wish it was that simple!

@ArmahnisMommy I had the white noise blazing. She normally loves white noise but she wasnt having it. I hate not being able to help her.

@roxy omg you have no idea. It took all I could to hold it 2gether. I dread this time tonight. I know its going to be like the past 3 nights all over again. Colic can last til like 6 months! How do mommies deal with for that long!?
  • My friends daughter cries n cries for no reason at all. One time she cried for 3 hrs straight & she wont even open her eyes. My daughter was fussy once before n I just cried n cursed my husband out lol n I would sit n rock her in my arm n tap her booty.
  • edited December 2011
    @ArmahnisMommy idk what else to think. Its been 3 nights straight. & shes fine during the day.

@MrsThompson34 thats how she was last night for 4 hours...her eyes were wired shut..its like she was sleep but she was going absolutely crazy. Just screaming & screaming. All I could do was rock her & let her know I was there for her. Its very stressful.
  • Awe I hope it gets better for u.
  • try holdi.ng her so her tummy is on your forearm and she is facing out. it works almost every time. ( my daughter was like that for like 2 weeks) just getting in the bath helpstoo
  • Try chiropractor, its the only thing that worked for a friend of mine
  • 6 months wow I can berly handle my son always wanting to b n my arms. Hearing a baby scream for ever idk. I hope and pray ur baby gets better
  • Poor baby and mommy
  • Sit on the edge of the bed, hold her tight and bounce big, works on my boy so u never know, i do it loads to calm him and take him out in his buggy screaming and he stops in seconds. I use something called infacol and it works well on his colic
  • Also i realised i wasn't burping him enough so now literally every time he pulls off i burp him. He also has reflux which was the main cause of his tears but now treated is better. Good luck cos its not nice feeling bad for them but wanting sleep and peace!
  • edited December 2011
    @three_cats_n_a_baby yea ive had to start burping her very frequently. Its kind of aggravating because she falls asleep while nursing & then I have to burp her & it wakes her up.

@roxy I cant imagine a whole 6 months either
  • edited December 2011
    %%-
  • i dont understand how she can have colic if she is only doing this at night isnt colic an all the time thing?? correct me if im wrong
  • @mommysierra no colic isnt all the time. Its a period of inconsolable crying lasting 3 or more hours..& it happens around the same time evryday. They are normally happy babies until that time. The crying will normally start without warning & stop in the same fashion.
  • @october15baby shes sleeping right now but I wont get my hopes up. Last night she was fine until 5am.
  • @october15baby yep she started around 2am. Its 3am now & she is quite. God I hope she stays that way.
  • edited December 2011
    My first was colic for 3 months it was the worst! She would cry every night from around 7-8 till midnight here are my tricks I did with her...
    Changed to using Dr Brown bottles they ate anti gas anti colic and work!
    Burping more helped
    Anti gas drops
    When she would get really worked up I would put her carseat on top of the dryer put her in it and turn dryer on the warmth and vibration from dryer calmed her down sometimes
    Music and white noise
    Changed to a soy based formula she was lactose intolerant.
    Tried reducing my anxiety of knowing what we were in for cause I knew she picked up on what I was feeling.
    Chiropracter yup she needed realined and wow that was amazing how she stopped being fussy for a little while after he was done it was like instantly.
    I am sorry you have to go through this been there done that so lucky second one not colic hopefully stays that way.
    No worries momma it is just a stage and take it one day at a time before you know it it will be over and LO like my first will be in the kindergarten :( they grow way to fast! Even though this is a hell stage try and find joy cause LO will never be this small again.