Pissed! What the hell is wrong with some parents!? UPDATE IN COMMENTS

edited December 2011 in Loss
My cousin died Saturday. She had a seizure & no one was home with her so by the time they got home..she was already dead. Its crazy because we are the same age (22) & we both just had babies. Her son is 3 months. They couldnt get up with any of us until today so we just found out. She has always been a little distant from the family BUT she is STILL family. My grandmother has the Gerber insurance plan on all the grandkids but we arent sure if it stopped at 21 or 24. Her dumb ass mom says...."i dont have any money for a funeral & if no one else in the family doed then I will just donate her body to science"
Are you fucking serious!? Who they hell would say that about their own child! Who the hell would even THINK about donating their childs body to science! How low is that!? Im absolutely appalled! Shit like that is the reason she didnt come around in the 1st place. Some parents shouldnt even open their damn legs!

Sorry for the language! Vent over.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Now i dont know about others but i would like to donate organs ect when i pass. As i like to think that it will help people in the future. But i still want a funeral! Money is no excuse. You can go to your local job centre (working or not) and get help with the costs of a funeral. This is a shocking and sad story. Im so sorry for your loss and the stress being told that must put you under. My heart goes out to you x
  • How sad! For that baby to grow up without a mother and for her mother to donate the body just because there's no money for a funeral! everyone deserves a funeral. I'm sure there are local resources and they could always set up a fund at a bank or where works.
  • @ashleyfew im not sure. But shes saying to donate it because she has no money for a funeral so she doesnt plan on having one.

@ArmahnisMommy my grandmother has the Gerber plan locked in a safe & shes out of town right now so we dont know yet if it expiref at 21 or 24yo. If it went out at 21 then we cant use it. & idk all the legits about donating a body & its really not important to me. Im jyst very upset at the fact that she even suggested it! & the baby is with the daddy for now. Idk the details on that yet.

@ashleyz @lozaholic1991 her mom is just that type of person! Shes very inconsiderate. Shes not even trying to find a way to pay for it. She just automatically jumped to donating the body.
  • I know my grandfather in law donates his body to science and they creamated him and gave the family back his ashes after. I think thats what my hubby and I are consitering for ourselves.
    I do think her mother is acting premature. But is it out of character for her, maybe in grief, or is that how he is...
  • * she is... and just read your message above....
  • Wat about a car wash or u leave like cans at the store with her pic that way people make donations just sum ideas I'm sure its cheaper to get burn and give ashes to her child when he or she gets older
  • UPDATE:
    THE GERBER LIFE INSURANCE DID EXPIRE AT 21 BUT IT HAS SOME KIND OF CLAUSE FOR PPL WITH DISABILITIES & SHE HAD A FEW LEARNING DISABILITIES & ADD/ADHD(DONT REMEMBER WHICH ONE). SO SHE IS COVERED FOR $12,000. IM SO GLAD!
  • AND THE BABIES FATHER IS 44! We had no idea! But the baby will definantly be with him.
  • Wow! At least she gets a proper funeral now.
  • Wow that is pretty insensitive...maybe she was just really upset. im glad she has some money though
  • @kayleigh27 no shes just that type of person unfortunately.
  • Oh wow. thats just sad then
  • People deal with grief in different ways, what might seem crazy for one person might be the norm for someone else, maybe thats just a dark sense of humour? luckily you have a strong sense of what is right and wrong. My heart goes out to your family at this time, especially you & baby, your cousins baby and your grandmother, not only losing a grandchild she obviously loved but having to deal with a daughter like that... XXX