JcPenney portraits VS. Sears portraits? (NPR)

edited December 2011 in Babies "First's"
Have any of you gone to take portraits at these stores? Just wanted to know the quality of the pictures, I don't want the pictures to erase as the years go by due to their bad quality.

Comments

• Ive done both and i like jcpennys more. However sears has those great coupons.
  • We are going to jcpennys 2mrw for our Christmas pictures. I like them.
  • I went monday to sears, i'm picking up the pics tomorrow, i'll let upy you know how they turn out. If you dont print out the coupons then you're probably going to spend a coupl hundred. I doubt i'll go back though, i didnt realize it until later but i only got to see 8 out of the 28 she took. My lo was not in a good mood and i kept trying to get the lady to take pictures when she was crying or had the paci in her mouth but nope, she had to be smiling, it was a long photo shoot... Sorry that turned into a vent
  • Wer did Sears. The pictures came out beautiful. I was very happy with the whole experience and result.
  • I think jcpennys might have coupons too. Honestly they r both great.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to JCPENNEY and they turned out great. The pictures came out very clear and the photogragher was very professional and knew what she was doing. They also have a website that they upload all your pics to and you can order them from home if you ever need extras, its so convenient.
  • @mommyof3girls, @Mimmi36, @Kimberly4411, @Stillsurprised, @JuliansMommy, @naliibby2
    Thanks you all!

Well I have these coupons for both, but I'm leaning towards JCPenney. I got these coupons that sound too good to be true for $7.99 you get the following:
    One 8x10
    Two 5x7
    Four or eight (don't remember) 3 1/2 x 5
    24 wallets
    No sitting fee charged and all pics need to be same pose. I guess the catch here is that you will want to buy all different poses too and that is where they make money.
  • @jwrnjjp I have the same coupon for another place and I'm also wondering what the catch is...
  • Hey for u ladies that used sears, how long do it take to get pics back? My baby girl has an appt Fri.
  • I got pics done on Tuesday at both jcpenney & sears lol I had a coupon for $7.99 for 36 pictures at jcp & at sears they had a coupon for a free 10x13 wall portrait but sears package prices are ridiculous... 279.99 for 30 enhanced pics, a cd, & one 8x10

I get my pics tmrw but from what I seen I like jcp so so so much better , plus they have way better backgrounds.
  • & I only paid $7.99 for jcp , I had the same coupon and there is no catch , they show you other packages but you decide if you want them if you don't then its only 7.99, and same for sears no catch but they take lots of pics to get you to buy more but you can refuse it.
  • i havent been to jcp but i went to sears and i loved the lady who did our pictures! and i like plain colored backgrounds! i pick my pictures up tomorrow! and i also went to walmart! and my baby did not like that lady! and i didnt like her either! and i also didint like the fact that the prop for walmart was up high and i had to worry about her falling from it! so im going to sears from know on!!!

ALSO ladies sign up for fotonet.com they send you coupons for free photoshoots and $30 worth of pictures. and theres no catch! i got one for walmart and sears.
  • Did jc penneys for maternity and they look wonderful!
  • Oh I forgot to mention we didn't do any special coupons like those, but they have a military discount which is awesome because its free sitting fees and 50% off any photo package. We at least got the free sitting fees, but got the CD instead, so the CD was normal price, but its also all the photos, backgraunds and poses we used instead of having to pick just one. Also the lady was so nice and the other who showed us our pics after took the time to show everyone and design some templates to go on the CD. Like a holiday greeting card, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    If you have a kmart..they are great too. The have an Olan Mills picture studio inside.