I feel like $hit

edited December 2011 in Relationships
My hubby works so hard for us everyday and I stay at home with the kids. Every penny he makes goes to bills and nothing more. I wanna help.him so bad but with nothing but a high school diploma its next to impossible to find a job that I can make enough for daycare and help with the bills. I feel like a pos cause I can't help. I just wish I could make everything easier for him. It's really putting a strain on our relationship and seems like he resents me more and more everyday. I wanna cry :(
Sorry vent over

Comments

• @bigbelly to be able to be home with your children is so wonderful. I wish i could but honestly i make double the money my husband currently does (he was laid off and now has a crappy job). That being said maybe you should look into babysitting to earn sime extra $ while you stay home.
  • Shop for sales! Get coupons. Find recipes to cook on a budget!
  • @ta2edblondie I do all of that. Just wish I could get paid lol
    @2ndtimearound I love being home with my kids just wish I could put some $$$ in the bank to help him. I sub at home daycares when they need me but I haven't worked at any in a while.
    @natashalynn we already eat cheap. Like spaghetti or tacos or hamberger helper. Like cheap for real lol I wish I could coupon like those ladies on extreme couponing! That show is crazy!
  • Maybe try cooking things from scratch. It'll be a little bit more expensive at first, but in the end it all lasts you a while instead of one time dinners. Your hubby will appriciate it more and it tastes better. Especially making your own bread.
  • I know how shitty you feel. I try to think of myself as making money that I save. I do tons of coupons, I fill out all the surveys you get on receipts its in the lil things!!
  • i feel like that too. my kids were already old enough(both in school) before i got pregnant again but i was still staying home because i don't even have my license. i wish there was some legit work from home job so i could help out...he doesn't complain but i still feel guilty.
  • I'm a terrible cook lol @newmommyfeb2012

I know were saving money by not having to pay for DC but damn this sucks!

@myheartzx3 girl I feel you on the work from home thing! That would be awesome if we could find something like that! But it's usually some BS scammer tryin to get your money.
  • I kinda felt the same way so I started doing Passion Parties. I work nights and weekends, but only when I want. Parties last about 3hrs and I've never made less then $125 at a party! I love the freedom & the job itself! It being on nights & weekends helps to because we don't have to do day care my husband can watch him!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've Been to one of those parties! They are lots of fun!!! But you have to buy a starter pack thing though right? @pnsw524
  • @tricesbaby Passion parties is a one of a kind in home party experience. As a consultant you show products, ranging from lotions to toys, and play games with the woman that attend. It's super easy & a lot of fun for both me and the guests. It also not only brings in extra money but it gives me some me time, with 2boys 18mths & new born that's important lol

@bigbelly
    They are tons of fun! Lol that's why I got into it! You do have to buy a kit but there are also ways to earn it! Not to mention its super easy to earn your money back! The stuff sells itself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Do you have family that could watch your kids while you work part time?? If my mom didn't watch my daughter I would have had to quit my job because daycare wouldn't have been worth it.
  • my mom has a daycare but she doesn't have any space so she would be over in kids. and I don't trust my mother in law to watch them because she's always trying to feed my 3 month old water and stuff that he doesn't need to have yet! @starxoxo9