Annoyed & Sad

edited December 2011 in Parenting
So as my BD was feeding Laila, she had spit up a little like most babies do. And while he was feeding her I brought up the topic about the enfamil story thats been going around because she drinks the liquid enfamil. So he goes on to say to me why am I still feeding her that formula, why am I saying such a bad thing like that and still giving it to her. And after he tells me all that crap he says It wouldve been alot better if I breastfed her because she wouldnt be spitting up so much, we didnt have to worry about the harmful things in "man-made" milk, and that I was just too lazy to keep up with pumping & breastfeeding and I gave up too easy. How was I suppose to breastfeed if I was barely making an oz. and I pumped like I was a damn cow and my eating habits were all screwed up because I had been in and out of hospitals with baby and my stress levels? Forget about it! I had very little support from him when I was trying to breastfeed. Ugh I swear guys!

Comments

• I don't think men will ever truly know how hard it is to be a mom, breastfeeding especially. They think its just popping out a boob and thats it. Dont let him make u feel like u are a bad mom.
  • Dont let him get u down. Your NOT a bad mom for feeding ur baby formula!!!!!
  • Wow thats mean of him to say. he should have seen the trouble u went through during that. and at least you TRIED! i only could breastfeed for maybe a month if that with my daughter and i felt like a failure with that. He should be supportive of you. dont let him get you down though. hopefully he didnt mean it to be nasty
  • Don't listen to him...I know not easy at all..I pumped..breast Fed bottle Fed formula to supplement because u never had enough milk...did the fenugreek pills...I was up for hours each feeding...and then u have people even on here that say that its simple and everyone can do it and that your body will produce enough no matter what and put lists of the reasons people "say they can't " bf. sorry...just venting now..but don't let anyone tell u that u gave up or quit...everyones body is different. I'm sure u are still an amazing mom
  • Shame on him. He should be by your side supporting your decision. I breastfed the first 3 weeks. I had the baby blues and my Dr told me to stop nursing because it was way too much for me to handle. I was barely taking care of myself or eating, so it started to become way to much for me. There will always be the debate between the two. He needs to be more supportive. What would he say if in a couple months your baby bath tub or something else you use often has a recall on it. Shit happens. Maybe he should start taking some estrogen and see how it feels to handle our basket of emotions on a daily basis!!!
  • @ExcitedForOctober Its funny you say that because thats exactly how he thinks BFing is like.
    @mommyof3girls Thanks :-) I try not to
    @kayleigh27 He never noticed the trouble I went through. Even though hes seen me try to pump and all that. I think he is saying it to be an ass now because this is the second time hes said that
  • @augustbaby I agree with your vent! Lol and yes I try my best to be a good mom. And how I know my baby is ok? I took her to her 2mnth appt yesterday and shes growing great, everything is going good with her
    @mom924 I am so happy that I am not the only one that had trouble, you understand me. Yes sh!t happens and he should be supportive! And thats what Im goin to tell him unless he wants me to be a bitch
  • I'm here if you need me!
  • Like everyone else said don't let him get you down & you are not a bad mom. My daughter still spits up and she is bf so just because your lo is on formula is not the cause of her spitting up. Keep up the good work!
  • I'm sorry mama! That's not really fair for him to say that too you. Seriously men couldn't do or handle what we do as mothers. Don't listen to him, after all he is a guy lol :)
  • @mom924 Thank you mama :-)
    @britt21 Thanks :-) I thought so too with the spitting up, I breastfed her the 1st 2wks and she would spit up too
    @Bahamamama4828 Lol yeah thats true hes still a hard headed guy. And oh yeah he cant handle waking up to make a bottle at 3 in the morning