omg painful clogged duct

edited December 2011 in Breastfeeding
I tried massaging, warm compress, hot shower, nursing and pumping.
Anything else I can try? I'm about to go to the er it is soo painful!!!

Comments

• Point baby's chin towards it or a piece of cabbage leaf for fifteen minutes only a couple times a day but no more as it dries milk up but good at drying clog up as well
  • Thanks for the tip @Bahamamama4828 should I stop nursing that side then? N then try nursing tomorrow?
  • if i try the cabbage*
  • No keep nursing as much as possible just not with cabbage on. Only a small piece of cabbage not big
  • I agree! Been there. I sobbed for hours. What worked best for me was nursing as much as possible with chin pointed at it. Good luck! So sorry!
  • Call your ob and get an antibiotic you will feel a world of difference after one or two pills!!!!
  • I pumped mine put dry heat like a heating pack and then pumped again about 45 mins after and mine started going away I just kept repeating that and this was just yesterday and lots of advil..
  • Nurse while on all fours above baby!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone. I went to see a Lactation consultant who helped me with a good nursing position. I kept nursing, warm compress, n massage. My Baby loosened up some of it. Ultimately, I stuck a sterile needle into a tiny milk blister n i was relieved!