Anyone getting intense heartburn?

bexbex
edited February 2011 in October 2011
Yesterday I started getting this squeezing pain right in the centre of my chest. At first I had no idea what it was. It started in the morning and lasted the whole day. It was worse when I took a deep breath but I wasn't short of breath. I started to notice that when I burped (which I did a lot yesterday!) I'd get some relief (sometimes a few.se ones, sometimes a minute or so). I figure this is heartburn. Does this sound about right? I have never had it before. It's morning.g now, I haven't eaten yet and I feel fine. What can I do?

Comments

• Heartburn is a.feeling so hard to explain but youll most likely no when you have it! I never used to get it but now that im pregnant its EVERYDAY ...my doc gave me a list of.save meds to take for it...here they are
    Tums, rolaids, mylanta, pepcid ac, and zantac
    Do not take pepto bismol.
    Of.coarse every pregnancy is different and you might want to give your doc a call. Pepcid ac works best for me! :)

• It means your baby is gonna have alot of hair lol atleast thats what they say but I usually drink alot of water
  • i have it at night.. i changed my dinner type and time, i sit up for hours before going to bed, but i lay down and i get it.. it sucks.. and tums dont work for me
  • I avoid meds if I can. Ginger has been helping. Also mini bananas and yogi tea for expectant mothers
  • Laying on your left side helps stop it bc your esophagus curves to the right. I have bad acid reflux and GERD and was taking protonix before I got pregnant and my doc said to stay on it and I still get heart burn. I really dont want to take it but she said its safe.
  • Yeah I had it most of my pregnancy I am 27 weeks now
  • Zantac is the only thing that helps me. Doc said it was ok.
  • I get it constantly no matter what I eat. Tums work great for me n even milk. They have a Berry kind that really doesn't taste bad I suck on them though I never chew.
  • My doctor prescribed pepsid and it works great
  • Maalox Advanced chewables I got the berry flavor works great
  • Every day. Drink lots of milk.
  • I've lived on zantac for months. (For the last 2 pregnancies actually) it has helped alot in combination with the Tums Smoothies
  • I take pepsid for children ..the chewables.they actually helpd
  • Tums, Maalox, and best of all Yogi Ginger tea, it works wonders.
  • A half a spoon of baking soda actually gets rid of my heartburn right away. :)