How do you get anything done?

edited December 2011 in First time moms
My lo is 2mo now and I still feel like I can't get anything done. My house is a mess, the laundry keeps piling up and I just can't seem to get my act together. Any advice please, I have got to get back to some kind of normal.

Comments

• I have the same problem, and I would love to know how to juggle time better. I'm exclusively bf and feel like I'm always feeding her.
  • Wear baby in a wrap! You're hands free and baby can still nurse :)
  • SWING! ...I wasn't able to do much before we gave in and got a swing.
  • My mom comes over to watch my son while I clean if not nothing gets done!!
  • Just recently my 2 month old has enjoyed laying on her activity mats (back and tummy mats) and playing. So I've been able to do a lot more the last week or so.
  • I don't get anything done either. :( & he's gonna be 3 months already. For the past 2 days I've been putting him down for naps & he actually stays asleep :)
  • @graciesmama that's my problem too. I bf and feel like that's all I do. @bahamamama I can't move & bf, he doesn't latch very well so I have to be sitting or laying down to feed him. I do put him in the swing but he won't sleep in it for very long so that's when I try and shower.
  • What I do is put him in a swing in front of the tv and it works for about half an hour
  • @yummymummy I think I'll try moving the swing in front of the TV and see how that works. Thanks for the tip
  • Oh okay gotcha. Then second choice is swing :)
  • I at 2 months pp finally am getting things back in order. Hopefully it'll come soon for you too. My daughter sleeping through the night helps too.
  • I either wear my son, have him in his swing, on the mat for tummy time, or do it while he is napping.
    Like, kitchen, he is in his swing
    Laundry/vacuuming I'm wearing him
    Bathrooms (anything with chemicals) I do while he is napping
    And just picking up and dusting is durring his tummy time
    Just do a little bit throughout the day and it eventually gets done lol
    But there are days where I say screw it and nothing gets done lol
  • I do stuff while she is napping.
  • My baby is 5 1/2 months, and sometime I wear the front pack and do things with him in it, or put him in his swing and then I do more of the cleaning. :)
  • just do a little each day swing in front of the tv works for me she talks to the tv all the time lol she needs a lot of stimulation or she gets lonely lol she is 7w
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @littleFae I like your system that sounds like it could work for me. Thanks for all the advice ladies.
  • @Frantastic youre welcome, dont worry youll.find that grove that fits you :)