baby food

edited December 2011 in Ages & Stages
I start Xavier on squash on the 21st wensday my question is how long to you stay on one food he'll eat a whole container on one sitting and I give it to him at least twice a day. He has super sensitivity so I would think three days would be enough to have a reaction me and hubby have been arguing over this all morning was thinking of maybe carrots this afternoon instead of running to store for more squash any opinions

Comments

• You should try one food at a time for 3-7 days
  • @kritten_octoberbby it has been 4 i think i'm gonna try carrots for lunch. I think i would see a reaction he hyper sensitive to everything thank u for responding
  • Yes one food every few days. A good motto to by is food for fun until they're one :)
  • Usually about 3-4 days.
  • Thanks @navybabyonway we decided on carrots for lunch for lol. I figured since he is so hyper sensitive I would of seen a reaction and it would be ok to try something new
  • How'd he do with carrots and squash?
  • edited December 2011
    @kimberly4411 he did awesome with the squash and so far so good with the carrots we give him a container mid morning and then one for dinner then his regular bottle he cries when there is no more he's gonna be a grubber lol trying to decide what is next(after three days of carrots)sweet potatoes or do I go to green beans or peas i'm afraid if I give him something sweet he won't want to eat the green veggies
  • how old is he
  • ohh ok.. my grl is 4 n I'm wonderin wen to start... did u ever give him cerial??
  • edited December 2011
    @naliibby2 he gets cereal in his bottle due to acid reflex so doc said giving on a spoon also would be to much so we went strait to foods doc said anywhere between. 4 to 6 months we wait till 5 months cause he is so super sensitive and didn't know how he would do doc said if he watching you to eat and acting like he is ready to start. he cries everytime we eat like hey where's mine lol so I figured I'd try have you tried cereal with your little one?
  • My little one doesnt like sweet stuff but she loves peas
  • shes always looking at us eat!!! how much I put in a bottle??, only 1/4 teaspoon??
  • @proudmommy8789 he loved the squash I think he just likes to eat period. Lol just afraid if I give him the sweet he won't want to eat the other things so think i'll get all the other food first then go to the sweet.
    @naliibby2 you should only do it in bottle for reflux but u can do it on a spoon just put a little in a bowl and add formula to it till its kind of soupy not totally liquid but not too thick so she'd gag.
  • ok!! thank u !!!
  • Your welcome @naliibby2 >:D<