is it wrong that...

edited December 2011 in Labor
I am proud of my body doing everything but breaking the water on its own. I never had to have pitocion or anything. Course i opted for the epidural. But yeah, i am proud that i dialated and started labor on my own.

Comments

• no!! Good job!! I've never had my water break on it's own and I have 4 kids!!
  • I think being proud is fine, but just be careful about bragging...some of us aren't lucky enough to experience labor on our own and tend to blame our bodies and feel as if we have failed. Congrats on your amazing birthing experience!
  • being proud is good! its totally ok! good job! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats! My body started labor by itself too but my labor was not easy, I had a 9.5 lb baby. So needless to say, I tore a lot! Healing was horrible. But it's all worth it now that he is 4 months old :)
  • I had a 9.8 baby and he was sunny side up.... Really glad it ended in c section cuz he probably would have killed me down there! Even though I had a horrible recovery I'm glad down there wasn't all torn up. @noahsmommy @nova
  • Mine was sunny side up. It hurt but dr said i didnt tear that bad.
  • I was proud my body took over after being induced. I didn't need pitocin either! I was induced for high blood pressure and totally scared! Glad the cytotec dud it's job quickly and after only 8 hours my body took over!:)
  • I'm pretty proud of my labor also I dilated all on my own the dr just had to break my water. I was admitted at 8:30 am & my son came at 7:31 pm after 30 min of pushing.
  • I have to kids and both were breech I just dnt understand why they won't turn...2 c.sections I've never had any kInd of pain what so ever.....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agreed! Mine broke mid labor and some babies are born in caul - in the sac :)