My mom fed my 10 week old baby food

edited December 2011 in Babies "First's"
Peaches with a spoon and she loved it and did great. I was not there for this, i would not have let it happen. She loves food just like me lol she's been watching us eat for a few weeks. She took a great nap (longest one yet) afterwards and i was wondering if i gave her some peaches before bed to help her with constipation and sleep, if it would be detramental. Have you ever heard of a almost 3 month old eating baby food??

Comments

• I personally wouldn't feed any food before four months or talking to your pedi about it.
    Their bodies are not yet ready to handle and digest food.
    Not to mention your lo can form an allergy to the food, or have one and being so little have a horrible allergic reaction.
    There is a reason why you wait before feeding them food, and start out slow.
    Feeding food this early can also cause more problems with constipation.
  • @littlefae ok, idk why my mon did it in the first place, she gets prune juice in her bottle twice a day and according to my mom she wont drink the bottle without it (even though she does at home). So she put some peaches in her bottle and since lo liked it so much she spoon fed her some (4 or 5 bites)
  • Not peaches but Bentley got cereal with my milk starting at 3a months. But his pedi recommit.
  • My pedi said that whenever they're ready its fine. A baby knows when they can handle food. My kid didn't eat solids until almost 4 months. Now she is 7 months with 6 teeth and is doing great. =)
  • Yes when baby is ready u will know. My 2 yr old didn't want food until 8ish months.
  • My oldest had baby food around 10 weeks. Our doctor told us to try it. She was a big baby and it helped her and she did great w it. Our other two were different... As all babies r. Its really ur decision because u know ur baby best.
  • Thanks ya'll!! I'll try tomorrow, and see if she really does like it, my mom is good at exagerating lol and if she's does well we'll see, i've babysat 8 month olds who wouldn't or have a lot of troubles with the spoon, i know its crazy but she'll watch the food from my plate to my mouth and intently watch me chew, its k
  • Kind of creepy lol
  • Her digestive system cant handle it yet. I wouldnt, but if you want to I would ask her pediatrician first.
  • I wouldn't give food either...way to early
  • I wouldn't. I work in a day care and have never had a baby doing rice or baby food at that age or even before 4m.
  • I'm not, my mom must've been smokin crack lol i just tried just to see what she would do, she was not impressed, thanks for ya'lls input!
  • I wouldnt either. I started mine at 5 months but she wasnt eatting baby food everyday. But now shes 6 months and she just startes eatting every day and she eats 1.5 containers of stage 2. But she likes the gerber puffs also
  • I wouldnt either. I started mine at 5 months but she wasnt eatting baby food everyday. But now shes 6 months and she just startes eatting every day and she eats 1.5 containers of stage 2. But she likes the gerber puffs also
  • Omg sorry stupid phone