herniated umbilical cords

edited December 2011 in Babies
Has anyone else had a baby with a herniated umbilical cord?? Have a couple questions.

Comments

• My friends baby does. Her doc said not to worry and that it would go away.
  • @ezrasmommy hey lady! Mavis' doctor said the same thing, im not too worried it seems to be going away, she has a tummy ache and its doing odd things so I was curious if anyone else has experienced it!
  • Yup my son does he's 2 and its slowly going away
  • hey love. How wasto mavis' first christmas? I can ask my friend if her baby experienced tummy aches if you'd like.
  • @ezrasmommy Christmas is what made her sick she had some sweet potatoes, started with sucking them off grams finger then I wanted to see if she would eat from a spoon....she did..she loved them and ate a whole bowl..then she pooped everywhere and today isn't doing good. I feel like a horrible mother!! :( how was yours and Ezra's??

@bahamamama4828 when he was a baby if you put your hand on it could you feel the gas through the hernia??? I know that wounds weird
  • I know what u mean and yes somewhat
  • @bahamamama4828 so after she ate the yams she Pooped...a lot...and pooped some more until she was pooping clear liquid..... after she pooped her hernia went in and her. Belly button was all extra skin...it has popped back out, but today she is in a lot of pain and if you put your hand on her belly you can feel the gas through the hernia, and you couldn't before yesterday...oh and it will go back in right after she tarts, but before she farts her stomach (and hernia) are rock hard....does that make since???
  • Makes sense. Does the actual hernia cause her pain? When I had my son another baby in the nicu needed surgery after birth on a hernia but not sure why. My sons goes in and out ESP during straining like pooping or just playing and it looks funky
  • My son had a hernia too. I used to tape a quarter over it. Some myth i heard is if you tape a quarter over it then it will go away faster. Idk if its true but it went away. I used to be able to see his bowels move because its the intestines pertruding through the opening. So the gas thing makes sense.
  • I don't think its the hernia, I think it was all the yams wooing early..she is too young for them....she did AWESOME eating off a spoon though.
  • Dr says it doesn't cause pain but my son was the fussiest baby ever.
  • @steph_due_101611 okay as long as it makes since. I was worried she messed something up on her insides.
  • My sons would stick out if he needed to Poop.
  • im so late, but christmas was good. Ezra finally met the rest of his family so it was nice. And you're not a bad mother becase of that girl. You're a great mommy.