Bumbo Seat

Haylee (my baby) is 5 months old and I'm only periodically using her bumbo chair. She always arches in it like it hurts her back.

Anyone rose using the bumbo!

Comments

• My baby got one for christmas, she's a lite young so she hasnt spent much time in it yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What were they recalled for in the first place? I have one, my lil man likes it, he's not always in it, but when he is he is doin well
  • Recalled AGAIN? They are bad for backs..but idk
  • I love my bumbo. Im never more than 2 feet from my baby girl when she's in it. I know it can be a hazard but im very careful with her.
  • edited December 2011
    I used it for like 2 weeks but then she started trying to flip herself out of it. Tried the little table thing that attaches to it, all it did was leave red marks on her legs since they are rather large lol. Luckily it was given to us so I didn't waste my money.
  • Ohhh gotcha, but it does say on the box 1 do not leave child unattended and if a baby gets out of the bumbo or falls out of it cracking skulls and dying, where was mom? It's tragic how that happens truly.
  • Babies are quite spontanious. Malia can all of the sudden flip like a fish & almost fall out of my lap!
  • Sadly it happened to my sisters baby so I posted the warning awhile back
  • It says right on them that they can cause a baby to fall, I put it on the corner of my couch and with me right in front my daughter won't fall
  • The most recent story I heard about the bumbo was toys r us and the manufacturer being sued bc a baby cracked its skull and died...HOWEVER, said baby was rumored (I say rumor bc I have no firsthand knowledge just heard the story through the grapevine) to have been left alone on a table. It's not the manufacturer's fault, or toys r us's fault whatsoever. Who leaves their baby in anything, much less a bumbo, on an elevated surface unattended? Esp since it's not designed to keep baby in, and warns you to not leave baby unattended and use only on a low flat surface. Sorry if I offend anyone, but seriously, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you shouldn't leave your kid unattended in ANYTHING even for a few seconds on a raised surface. Like @caroline8_p said they wiggle and surprise you even while holding them, and babies are suuuper spontaneous! Anywho, I love my bumbo and so does my son :-) we don't use it too often though cuz he'd rather be in his bouncer.
  • My son likes his!
  • Mavis loves hers..she cant sit up on her own yet so she loves the bumbo.... she just got it for Christmas so she hasn't spent much time in it....
  • I love mine, and so does ezra. That lawsuit should be on the irresponsible parents who left their child ON A TABLE, not the company. Would you let your baby play in a walker next to the stairs? No that's just common sense. I dont understand how the company can be at fault here.
  • @mama082711 We agree completely. And by experience. Five years ago my mom taught my daughter how to get out of it (thinking she really didnt understand). and she almost fell off the counter. What did we do. TOOK IT AWAY. We still let our son use his, just know the percausions to take. Its a parent that needs to wake up not the manifacture. This is why the gov't is telling us more and more how to raise our children.
  • I thought Bumbo's were so cool, then I got one and realized my daughter hated it and could never get comfortable in it. I got the tray and it seems to help, and she tolerates it a lot more now that she's going on 8 months, but she arches her back and nearly falls out of it. I've resorted to only using it for feedings, nothing more. I can see how these things can be a hazard, and I'm glad I witnessed it before anything bad happened.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate That is a great idea, I never would have thought of that. I know what I'm doing with the Bumbo tonight! :D