Baby eye color change?

edited December 2011 in Ages & Stages
My daughter (2 months) was born with blue eyes, but her dad has light brown/green eyes (mainly brown) and I have blue/green eyes (mainly green). My mom and his mom have blue eyes. is it likely her eye color will change or stay blue? If it changes color, how long until they change (rough estimate)? Thanks ladies (and gentlemen) :)

Comments

• Final collor is between 6-9 months.

Malia was born with blue eyea & they have gotten lighter.

Majority of my family has colired eyes, daddys fam & him almost all have dark brown.

Now if she just has straight hair, both wishes came true, lol.
  • They by six months their eyes should be whatever color they are going to stay!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been wondering that same thing. My LO will be 3 months on Jan 3rd and his eyes were blue when he was born now some days they look blue some days grey. My hubby has light brown eyes and I have the same eye color as you blue/green mainly green. My mom and her her whole side of the family have blue/green eyes. So I'm wondering what color my son's will be too. I always get so many different answers though.lol
  • My youngest is almost 3 (we r ttc) and her blue eyes r just now changing... Well, they are getting green in them (like my eyes). My older 2 were born w blue eyes and they have only changed to different shades of blue.
  • Hmm sounds like I have a bit til she gets her eye color. They are the prettiest blue so I hope they stay, but prolly not. :/ @caroline8_p your daughter has the same name as me, spelling and everything! When I read your post I thought you were referring to me so I had thought "how does she know my name?!" Lol.
  • My son had bright blue eyes as an infant, then once he was about 18 months, they changed into the most awesome silver/grey color, and turn green from time to time. They're the most amazing eyes I've ever seen, and we get compliments on them all the time.
  • Lol too funny :) my sons didn't change until closer to 1. My baby's are still blue
  • I've read they can change for up to 2 years or more.
  • 6 months to set.
  • They can change up to a year. My oldest kept her crystal blue eyes which I have hazel and her dad has brown. My dad and his mom have blue. My youngest got my hazel eyes instead of her dad's brown. Just keep checking everyday lol. My youngest eyes were blue grey at first.
  • My daughters eyes are a light grey they are gorgeous with her black hair , I hope they stay :)