Princess Boy!

edited December 2011 in Parenting
Just recently a mom went on Dr Phil to tell her story about her book she wrote about her Princess Boy/ her son.

I believe he's 7 years old and he likes to wear dresses around the house, to play in and also out in public.

If these was your son... Would you allow this?

Comments

• Hell no, but that's my opinion!
  • Hell no that's not how God intended for it to be so its not
  • Ummmm no. Personally, I have enough princesses in my house. :) LOL.
  • In the 1800s, boys used to wear dresses until they hit a certain age. I can't remember why, exactly.
  • Lol if my son decided to wear dresses I would ask if he likes boys lol and if he is homosexual than I'll wear a tux :)
  • To a certain point. My 3 year old sees me put on make up and I let him play too. But its playing, that's all. School age, or for going out no.
  • I saw that show!! Your little brother is very girly lol very cute though...and has a booming personality!
  • Oh and NO...we have 5 girls...if he wants to wear dresses he can do it on his own time...I want reds, blues, greens and bold dark BOY colors! Yessss lol
  • @cristinalynn that's not my brother... Lol
  • Yeah...I thought you said your mom...it's 1:30 am so my brain is in my bed sleeping haha
  • @Mimii36 Lol well he will need support so what better support than from his momma :)
    Although my hubby would reject it at first :/ he's a manly man lol
  • @afwifealderete1017 I feel the same too, my baby would have the support from him mommy no matter what he chose! :)
  • No, for his safety and all as he grew up. Would steer him to the princes so he could still be in that realm (hopefully), but not encourage him so much as that mom did to be a princess. I've seen how cruel kids can be, adults too attacking those who are different. If I could spare him that pain, it is my job as a mommy to and find another outlet for his imagination and dreams in art or drama or music.
  • edited December 2011
    Good point @jellybelly1015 !
  • My son loves getting his nails done. He said he's gonna be a girl when he grows up. He's 4. We still have time til we'll know what's going on in that head.
  • @afwifealderete1017 I agree. I would support my son or mu daughter if they made that decision. Idk how daddy would feel about it either. Especially if it was his son. But I would be there for them 100%.
  • @Steph_Due_101611 my little brother lovvess getting his feet done. He always has since he was younger (hes 6 now). When he was younger he would get in the chair with me or my mom and stick his feet in the water. & hes very boyish!
    And hes four. He has time to change. Kids have strong imaginations. It could just be that or he could really feel that way.
  • I'd support them with whatever they choose. If a girl likes to play with trucks, or in dirt, she's a tom boy, no biggie. But if a boy plays with dolls people get all worked up!! Not fair in my opinion.
  • It doesn't bother me none.
  • I will love and support my son if he wants to wear dresses and my daughter if she doesn't! It's almost 2012 people! LET YOUR FREAK FLAG WAVE!!!!
  • Him being at such an impressionable age I believe that someone is the cause of this.. I just don't see a boy putting on a dress alone... unless he was Encouraged by someone or was never told the difference between boy or girl clothes.
  • edited December 2011
    I would support him. Hell yeah, itd be hard if it continues into school. But he might also get bullied because he has glasses, because he likes to sing, or because someone randomly decided that they dont like his face.

It used to be that women werent allowed to wear pants because it wasnt as God intended it. I somehow think that God will find it in His heart to forgive me.
  • Apparently my nephew has done this and his dad scolded him for it. ... my mil was telling me about it lastnight ....if it was my son unconditional love.... u shouldn't make ur kids feel ashamed of themselves .... my nephew is a twin and his brother is a total boy .... he has never been encouraged by anyone seeing how his mom is a total plane Jane. Doesn't own makeup nail Polish dresses etc.
  • I would support my boys too. I have 2 and 2. @jay_brad not always. My son was runnin around here with a princess dress on callin himself a princess. I told him he's a boy and he can be the prince or the king, buuutttt he wanted to be the princess. But he loves his cars and trucks just as much if not more, and he loves to push the dolls in the stroller or change diapers or whatever. It may not be because somebody didn't teach him otherwise or are pushing him, just that he doesn't have the social training we do.
    Also, other than guys used to wear dresses, women used to not wear pants! Some still don't, Pentecostal women to be precise, because it's believed to be impure for her to have anything between her legs. But, times are changing, it's socially acceptable for women to wear pants, and if my son decided to wear dresses when he understands the world a little better then I will be there to support him. As a small child I am dressing him in what is socially acceptable until he makes his own choices. And, if his daddy has an issue with it, his daddy will just have vt o get over it lol
  • Haha had this discussion thee other day.. my opinion no I wouldn't like that so much... I agree with @jellybelly15 too much cruelty in this world.. my hubby mos def wouldn't agree he told me he would fail as a parent if his son were gay... my brothers gf is 9 and he hangs out with all girls watches girl movies.. talks a little girly... etc and my brother is trying to stop it... personally I think its too late... isaid let thee kid be a kid and see what happens.. but he also got caught watching gay guys having sex on you tube so idk
  • There is a movie bout a little boy who wants to be a girl and when he gets older they kill him its a good movie its called a girl like me!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.