high risk mommies

edited February 2011 in High risk pregnancy
Hey everyone im considered extreamly highrisk so i was wondering how many others are out there and what each of you are highrisk for

Comments

• I'm severly high risk for preeclampsia.
  • Is that tough thats a problem i dont have even though they thought i did in the very beginning. . Do you get special treatment for it or anything
  • Im high risk for diabetes
  • How do you know if you are highrisk for anything? Im new to pregnancy..as this is my first
  • I hear diabetes is really hard to deal with i hope everything goes okay with you best of luck
  • Well... Im not sure for most but for me i have many medical problems and my husband and i had been tryin for 2 years and the doc who told me to come in told me that this pregnancy is high risk and i can only see her. I cant just go to any docter or hospital most the time im assuming they tell you like mine did
  • I'm an active duty soldier who is also a high risk pregnancy...this OS my first babu
  • * this is my first baby as well. dang smart phone! lol
  • I think I'm high risk once I get to 28 weeks they have to monitor the baby once a week. This is my third pregnancy. My last pregnancy my son was a still born
  • Im sry yall are highrisk but it makes me feel better since everyone i know has no problem spitting out kids
  • High risk as well the baby isn't growing they say she's in the 7%ile
  • I'm high risk also. Was told I would never have kids and now I'm 3 months preg. I've been on bed rest since I found out, even had to quit my job
  • I am high risk as well I have factor five Leiden I get blood clots very eaisly so I am on blood thinners for life
  • @MCurry20 Its crazy. I spent two weeks in the hospital and to b honest I should still b in there. This started when I was 26 weeks ( I am 30 weeks now) the doctors highly recommended that I stay in the hospital til delivery but I have two other kids at home so after they got my blood pressure regulated with a high dose of medication I was able to convince them to put me on extensive outpatient. Not only do I have to faithfully take my medicine 3 times a day and closely monitor my blood pressure at home, I now have to go to the hospital 3 times a week. Each time I go I have to have blood work, non stress tests, and biophysical ultrasounds. I also have to consult with the maternal fetal medicine high risk team each time as well. Also they r taking him at 34 weeks, however if my blood pressure gets out of control again they will have to induce me sooner. Its all very stressful and I can't wait til its all over.

• I'm high risk due to a blood disease
  • I'm extremely high risk cause I get preeclampsia. I got it with my son at 7 months he only weight 2 pounds 1.6 oz 14in he is now 8. & my daugther at 8 months she weight 3 pounds 10 oz 16in she now 6. So I'm scared out my mind to get it.
  • Im high risk. I have factor v lieden and mthfr. Both are bloodclotting disorders and mthfr creates a vitamin problem in your blood were it cant properly obsorb folic acid and vitamins b12 and b6. I have to take blood thiners and a lot of vitamins. I had 2 misscariages last year due to them. 9 weeks pregnant now.
  • I'm high risk. I have juvenile Diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 3. Insulin dependent.
    I also have tachycardia, since I can remember.

And you would know if you're high risk. Either due to older age or a medical reason.
  • I have complete previa
  • @Babybumpers wow ur a tough women i mean not only are u goin through a lot ur doin it while takin care of two other kids
  • @Mskrystal what blood disease. One.of my issues is that along with me being rh my husband has a blood disease referred to as antigen m and they are always checking the titers cuz if it gets above 12 the baby has to come out no matter how far i am
  • @Itsagirl how far are you because they said the same thing to me about the baby not forming and they set my due date back two weeks and suddenly my baby did like a superhuman and grew super fast hhaha
  • I am extremely high risk as I have been diagnosed with Polyhydramnios which is only seen in about 2% of pregnancies. It normally doesn't happen until after 30 weeks, but I'm only about 28 weeks. The amount of amniotic fluid I carry is the equivilant to a woman who is about 38 weeks pregnant and ready to give birth. Basically, my water can break at any time. I'm at high risk for a prolapsed cord and placental abruption, and hemmoraging during labor. Plus I probably have GD. This is my 2nd baby and baby #1 had no issues. Bedrest sucks!!
  • 24 weeks n blood levels make due date accurate n well I only had sex three times in 2 days I'm army was only at home for two weeks in Sep but I'm in some pain today a lot actually might go to hp lower back pains n cramping
  • Hope everything is ok I'm scared
  • @MCurry20 the kids actually help out a lot. They r 8 and 12. I don't drive. Its taking 2 buses to the hospital 3 times a week that's the tough part.
  • @Babybumpers yeah ur right the bus thing would be tough
  • @Itsagirl wow your further aling than i thought i really hope everything is okay with you and u deliever a healthy baby girl
  • @Bke913 wow yeah thats gotta be pretty rare never heard of it i hope all works out for u though
  • Sorry for all high risk mommys hope the best for all ur babies n yourselves.