Spitting up too much?

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
My baby has started spitting up almost a half ounce after each feeding. Doesn't matter if it's breast or bottle. And he's been choking on it I'm afraid to put him to sleep because I don't want him to choke in his sleep. We burp him and everything I'm just not sure why he is spitting up so much

Comments

• @mom2ing can he be over fed on the boob?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mines a spitter too. And yes its rare to overeat nursing. Breastmilk digests super fat so baby doesnt spit it all up. It may seem like alot but its not all bm, its saliva too. Sometimes when I burp mine after nursing that creates the spitting up. Not all bfed babies need burping. Does that make sense? :)
  • My Aadyn also spits up a lot. It looks like half his bottle comes up but I dont think its REALLY as much as it looks. He is gaining well. He was 6lbs 10oz llast week and was 7lbs 9oz today at his weight check. I keep him sitting up after eating bc im also afraid he will choke. I hope your (and my) LO start keeping everything down soon!
  • Fat? Lol I meant fast
  • And yes just pay attention to wet diapers
  • My daughter is like that, her doctor calls her a "happy spitter". It doesn't bother her so we just go through a lot of burp clothes and outfits.
  • Thank you ladies