Question to all you daddys

edited February 2011 in Daddy's place
Hey guys im 9 wks and everythings good so far only problem is my husband refuses to have sex he says he is weirded out by the fact that there's a person in there I don't rlly wanna go another 7 months without us having sex but not sure how to change his mind he knows its safe and all that but I guess he can't wrap his around there being a little person up there lol so any advice you guys can me on how to handle this.

Comments

• .... i have no idea how to help. I mean you could ask him to try and maybe positions where it is harder to see your belly may help him get over it. Its not something that really bothers me so i can't really say for sure what would help.
  • Ummm maybe start with a bit of foreplay?? Im sure he couldnt resist then.... Idk lol
    When i first found out i was pregnant my fella wanted to use condoms thinking there was chance of twins if he didnt!! Haha
  • Im not a guy but my husband said the exact same thing he got better though the bigger i got he said he didnt worry as much since the babys bigger and noticabley higher in my tummy but for some reason befor he was scared of hitting it hope urs changes when u start gettin a belly like mine did
  • Ok so I know that its strange for a guy I was stressed out the first pregnancy its strange to think there is some one in there growing but I think it was a lot about the am I going to hurt her or the baby my advice reassure reassure reassure and tease him a man can only be teased so long
  • The funniest thing ever is when I was watching Goerge Lopez and his wife was pregnant and wanting sex. He refused saying " I don't wanna turn your womb into an X Rated Bouncy House "lmao. I feel just like that. The baby moves so much during sex, I can't focus.
  • Wow I didn't even think that the baby moved during sex that's crazy my wife just confirmed it lmao
  • Honestly when he gets horny enough, he will. Until then dress sexy or walk around the house naked and make him want it!
  • My husband makes comments about the baby while I'm on top. It's such a mood killer. Maybe you can try different positions like from behind so that he can't see belly.
  • My wife is six weeks and this is our first. I've been way too preoccupied with worrying and thinking and just taking it all in to even think about having sex. Plus, she's been nauseous. I wanted to last night, but she was too sick. And then she started to whine, "will we ever have sex again?" I told her of course we will, but for now, we'll just take it day by day. the mood will strike again. For now, just understand that you've got a human growing inside you and it's just weird to think about if this is your first one. Especially for dudes. We're immature as it is. Combine that with this...man. Science.
  • Guys really, my wife won't let me touch her I'm going nuts, guys have sex with your wifes or gf its ok if you can reach that baby god bless ya get ur done
  • Tell him to stfu and have sex wit u lol oth#r than that idk
  • My husband never had an issue with it weirding him out, but my friend's husband is totally freaked out by how close his penis is to his daughter. :) I didn't tell him this because I knew it wouldn't help, but if I were a guy that would freak me out, too. It doesn't bother me as a woman, though. On top of all that, now his friend told him a story about sex causing stillbirth and semen eating away at something and causing it all to go wrong (I think that what happened was his friend's wife's water broke pretty early on and she never went to the doctor, so the baby ran out of fluid and what was left became bacteria-ridden, and the baby was stil born at full term. For some reason the parents blamed the death on sex rather than on the fact that her water broke). But now he's even more nervous. I don't know, I can totally see it being a bad time to have sex for a man, but it sure does suck for the women who are interested. Maybe you could find some websites that talk about it or have your ob talk to him?
  • My bd said the same thing. He's like "What if I hurt it?" I was all "I'm sure the baby can't feel it." He still asks weird questions, but he got over it after a few weeks. Lol
  • edited March 2011
    @magcaw now you've scared the sh!t outta me... no more sex for me for a while [-(
  • @readyornot I'm so sorry! Lol! I didn't mean to scare you! I just thought it was such a dumb story! The parents totally misunderstood the cause of the tragedy, so I don't think they learned anything, that's all I was getting at. I'm sorry, I guess it was a dumb story to share. :(