what happens if..

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
You work out too soon?

I'm 16days pp and really want to start working out tomorrow when I start my diet. I know they say not to work out until 6wks pp bit I feel 100% and just wondered why I have to wait.. can/will anything bad happen if I don't listen?

Comments

• did you have a c section?
  • I remember sumone on here who did that I can't remember who but I know they had to stop I don't remember Wat happened tho .
  • @ripkaydence no it was a normal, easy delivery. I had minor tearing but it all seems to be healed now.
  • No, you want to wait the 6 weeks.
    Even if you had a normal labor/delivery and feel fine now, doesn't stop the fact that your body went through hell growing the baby and then pushing it out.
    So you may feel fine but you still have a lot of heeling to do.
    I would wait until you 6 week check up and then get the ok from your dr.
  • You want to wait to workout but usually walking is fine. I took the baby out in her stroller after a week. It was only a block the first time before I got tired.
  • I'm a runner and love to work out so I asked my doctor about that after I had my son. She said to wait about 4 weeks and then start out slow.
  • U can do a slow walk but no heavy duty working out
  • I know a woman who died from starting to work out too soon. She ended up bleeding out. Just be careful please!!
  • Walking is good but dont overwork yourself. I had a c-section and I was doing walks since the day after. You can agitate your insides and get clotting. If you notice any increase in discharge then slow down and take a break a few days then slowly increase again.
  • It has to do with your insides shifting back into place also, your body spent 9 months shifting organs to make room for baby so you need time to get back! Some things that can happen are bleeding, bladder or vaginal/uterine prolapse (falls out or downinto the wrong position) or increased incontinence of urine. Walking is fine at this point for you then get clearance from your doc!
  • I had a c section and my dr said after my two week check up that I was fine to work out again so I did I just had to ease back into and try and avoid things like crunches or stomach exercises for a while