Whats the earliest

edited January 2012 in USA moms
You let your bby go overnight? Mine is only 3wks old & my mom wont quit bugging me about it. My first was 3months & even that killed me

Comments

• My baby didn't stay overnight until well after a year. Your mom has no right to pressure you about it. Perhaps she could stay the night at your house if she wants extra time with the little one? Then she can get up in the middle of the night and you can get some sleep without worrying. :)
  • I let my lo stay the night with my grandma when she was 6 weeks, the only thing that convinced me to do it was that she said "whats one night of no sleep?" my mom on the other hand, no way, she's for the cry it out method it'll be a while before she gets her turn. Tell your mom that she got to raise kids and now its your turn lol
  • My son is slightly over 3 months and for new years eve my mom slept at our house while we went out of town to a hotel. I was very nervous, but she paid for it and insisted we needed alone time as a couple. It was a great get away, but I layed down alot of ground rules and made sure she did things the way I would! It also gave me piece of mind that he was in his own home. 3 weeks is too young to me though, just keep reassuring her that her time will come when your ready.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son was 6 months. I had a function I had to go to when my daughter was 7 weeks so my mum came to my house and stayed till we came home about 7 hours later. Unless there is a reason or need for it she wont go overnight for a while...
  • I wont let Bentley till after a year. I'm still a freak about sids and I want him next to me when I go to sleep and when I wake up.
  • My 1st was 3 months & I cried all night lol
  • My 1st at 10m that's only bcuz I really needed a babysitter for the next day... but I think after one is better bcuz I breastfeed
  • I went back in the hospital so my baby stayed with my mom @ 2 weeks.and he had been going to spend a night ever since when she.wants him I think it helped me not to feel overwhelmed as a single mother with little help recovery from a c.section is tough
  • At 6 weeks I let my parents watch her the night before Christmas eve. They loved it and she had fun...we slept a lil longer in the morning. Only tough part was pumping enough milk to give my parents to last til the next day. They tend to overfeed.
  • I think my son was 2months when he stayed w my finances parents :)
  • My oldest spent the night away the night of our wedding and he was nine months. He didn't go for sleep overs besides that until after two years. My youngest is three months and hasn't yet and I don't plan to let him for a long time. We really don't have a reason too and I like to keep them. If we want to go out we just usually go to dinner.