Have u, would u, could u ever....?

edited January 2012 in Single moms
Out of curiosity, would any of u ladies date or marry a man who's incarcerated n why? My friend met a man on fb who has been in prison for 7 yrs n she says she is in love. She has never seen him in person, just from pics that he sends her from jail n on fb. I must say I'm a little worried for her n her two kids bc she doesn't know this man.

Comments

• I won't date a guy in prison, because it is a judge of character, I know a lot of innocent people are in prison
  • Hell to the NO!
  • @everyone I know I couldn't do it! I so badly want to ask her y but I don't want to offend her. I think she's lonely so will settle for anything.
    @Frantastic lol I say the same thing!
  • 7 years? Must have been very bad. I know a rapist who only spent 6 months. Now, my answer: NO.
  • My biggest question is how and why are inmates allowed to have Facebook? Also love? Ok so I won't judge but if your in prison for 7 years he has to be in there for some serious ish. There is definitely some lonely/esteem issues there with your friend where she doesn't realize that she deserves better. If she knew him prior that's changes the story a bit but she met him thru fb!
  • @nelsbrandon he supposedly was able to get a cell some how n that's how he contacts her n gets on fb. She said the guards don't know. When he calls her the other inmates make sure noone is coming.
    @fate he's in there for drugs. N wow only six months...that's crazy!
  • He prolly killed his wife for that kind of time lol jk I personally wouldn't date someone incarcerated that I didn't know before. I did date a guy that had only been out a month and now he's my husband
  • @mommysierra lmbo @ killing his wife n if u don't mind me asking what did ur hubby do time for?
  • edited January 2012
    Possession of an unauthorized weapon. Him and a friend threw a Molotov cocktail in an empty parkinglot @TayTay
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't want to judge her as parent but I personally would stay away....
  • If something happened and my bf got locked up, I would stay with him. But I wouldn't seek out someone random in jail lol.
  • Is he out now? Or do they have computer access in prison? Caught me off guard a little lol.
  • @starrxoxo9 lol I don't think she was looking for a jail bird, I think he found her. N he has 2 more yrs to go...smh. They have been talking for about a month now n she thinks she is in love. Idk how to tell her she needs to use her head without offending her.
    @ashleyfew I don't think it's good parenting either
  • @newmommyFeb2012 someone snuck him a phone
  • Ohhhh wow. Surprised no one holds grudges against him and hasn't snitched on him from fb or the other cells. I would be a little freaked out.
  • @RileyAndMe no I've never seen it
  • No way...And how are you gonna fall "in love" with someone you have never met? SMH....
  • @RileyAndMe lol I gotta see it!
    @pregoagainYAY ikr!
  • My mom met my dad when he was in prison.

Her best friends boyfriend got out of prison and said "I know the perfect guy for you" she was taken aback an didn't plan on talking to him. They exchanged a few letters but she though it was weird so stopped.

He then got out and my moms friend called her to come over and he was there. She said it was love at 1st sight & they have been together ever since.

He was in for 5yrs.. so I really don't think the time matters.
  • Guys iin prison have nothing but time on their hands so they know exactly what to say to desperate woman. I'm sure she's not the only one getting told the things she is. I wouldn't say anything she'll eventually get over that phase. Or so we hope!
  • @TxMommy93011 yeah...hopefully