But im not your wife....

edited January 2012 in Relationships
My bf & his family always refer to me as his wife. Now I understand we have been together a while(3yrs) and known each other even longer(15 years). And im very flattered to be considered his wife because some men wouldnt give you the title period. BUT..call me crazy but it annoys the hell outta me! I mean if you want to call me your wife then why dont you step up & actually make me your wife! Dont give me a title if I dont really have it. I mean what good is getting a promotion without a raise?! (lol crazy comparison)

Just wanted to let that out.

Comments

• Ha. I think thats an awesome comparison.
  • Lmao @ your comparison. Seems logical that he would just step up.
  • Lol I love that comparison
  • @captainmorgaine @Alwayzbeenurz2008 lol. I thought it fit perfectly.

@fate & he talks about marraige often. Im like enough already with the talk...give me a damn ring! Lol
  • My bf's family refers to me that way as well! It irritates me. =|
  • Ohhhh he's not even asked yet?!
  • Some lady was giving me her unneeded 2 cents on me having a baby at 17 and taylor's grandma told her I was finance (I guess to make the situation look better?) so I called her out and was like ohhhh I guess I missed where he proposed..... :/ her face got so red! Lol!
  • @BentleysMommy716 You're financed? Lol. :P
  • @ErikaK22 im glad im not the only one! I dont mean to sound ungrateful because I hace a GREAT man and hes an even better father. But its still annoying.

@fate NO! I think alot of it has to do with money but I tell him all the time..i dont need an expensive ass ring. Im not that much of a material girl. But I think he just wants to do things big. MEN!
  • @BentleysMommy716 well his family does it because we are pretty close. They have definantly excepted me as apart of the family so calling me his wife just sounds right to them I guess.
    But when my bf says it..i tell him all the time..umm im not your wife yet remember! He just rolls his eyes everytime. Lol
  • My hubby's friends call me "the old lady". I hate it. :|
  • OMG I HATE autocorrect. Fiance*

Yeah I'd be like ok, no more calling me that till I get a ring ;)
  • edited January 2012
  • I absolutely hate when wives are called old ladies! I'm 29, I'm nobody's old lady! No one puts baby in the corner damnit! lol
  • @fate my moms ex husband use to call her that. She hated it too. Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At least you're not a wife and still get called girlfriend even after a year of marriage :/ not because they dont remember but because they dont care lol
  • @afwifealderete1017 Your name is super hard! Anyways, get unmarried and tell them it's their fault. :P
  • @Fate yes I asked to change it lol
    If we were to get unmarried it would be their fault either way! Glad we live so far from them!
  • Same here..... hate that. The other day I bust out in tears kuz we were talking about getting engaged.. long story short I would live in a box with him but he wants us to be "settled" first.. stupid "husband" :(
  • I'm referred to as the warden.....the boss...the wifer....and many others
  • edited January 2012
    Lol same here...but its not only his family alot of people refer to me as his wife. We been together so long n got three kids do they just assume. It doesnt bother me tho. I know we don't have the money to have the wedding but he has asked me to marry him long ago and even gave me a ring but I told him that thats not an engagement ring. When he buys the real engagement ring he needs to ask again! Haha
  • @bentleysmommy716 makes me think of the ppl who get engaged with no intention of getting married within 5 years. They do it more because they think a ring on her finger makes having kids look "acceptable" when in reality who cares.