what exactly do i need....

Babygirl came 2 months early so totally unprepared!!! We don't have much for her and I have a shower but it was very very very small. So I was just wondering what would I need to get. So far we have some clothes not a lot but some, a tub, couple burp and wash clothes, bibs...that's about it...

Comments

• My Preemie came home close to 10lbs so I got a few clothes 0-3 months and lots of 3-6 months. You'll need a pump if baby doesn't latch. Lots of storage bags for bm. Lots of diapers and wipes!
    Do you have awhile before baby comes home?
  • She won't be home till mid feb. Another month to go :( but I do have a pump! And lots of containers for bm that the hospital gives me every time I visit. Tomorrow we're seeing if she'll latch on the boobie..eeeeek so excited!!!!!! Hmm..docs said she'll be 5 lbs by the time she leaves. would I still need preemie diapers?? Our plan was to stock up on diapers if she was full term lol nope didn't happen
  • my babygirl was 5lbs by the time she came home her waist and bottom were still really small we tried a newborn diaper but it was to big so we used preemie for like 2 1/2 weeks
  • Dipers wipes baby towls baby soaps lotion bottles at least 9 pacis socks pants pump if bf
  • A swing if you can afford it, defenitely somr swaddles since she was so early, she'll like to be wrapped up tight, some warm hats, glad to see you and her are doing ok! Whats her name?
  • CAR SEAT!!! lol hopefully you know that one though, just figured since no one stated the obvious that I would. I would stock up on premie diapers, newborns, and then size ones. If you dont open them you can return for a different size. So it wouldnt hurt to have them just incase. Thermometer, and all of the health things, and bath things. I read about pacis though, and I do not reccommend getting those unless you know what she likes. See what kind the hospital gives her and if she likes that buy those kinds. Both of my babies would not take a different pacifier then the kind there. I would say lots of onsies and sleepers (well if it is cold there). I figure a premie wont be going out much in the winter so you will prob just want to cuddle them in pjs lol, that is what we always did when they were first born, and then worried about the outfits as they got bigger. You prob wont have to worry about toys or many gadgets and things for a couple months, but I definatley reccommend a swing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @soon2bmommyof2 @alyssasmommy @sophiasmom11 @kimberly4411 @my2boys @rileyandme

thank you ladies!!! the diaper thing is a good idea. car seat we're on the search right now lol. is it okay to put her in the play n pack for right now??? because we're leaving hawaii in march. should i just get a bassinet anyways??? We're definitely going to get a swing, i;ve heard those are life savers. thank you again everyone :) oh! and her name is Kairi Anabelle <3 she's my little princess
  • I think just using the pack and play for now is fine
  • @marinewifey10 some pack n plays have an added bassinet you can use on top. Mine does.
  • Mines the same!! Its just getting a bit stressful thinking about the move, on top of a pinched nerve..ugh fml right.now!

@sophiasmom11 how many weeks was your baby when she went home? Did she have any complications or anything??
  • I have a pack n play that had a bassinet attached that we used and now she sleeps in her pack on play. Hubby is getting home from deployment next month and I move out to where we are stationed next week. She will finally go in her own room and crib then and she'll be 8 months.