worried!!

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
I am 17 weeks and i have now lost 3lbs since i have been pregnant. And i dont even have moring sickness or anything like that?? not sure what is wrong!!

Comments

• I lost 10lbs in my first trimester. I had random sickness, but nothing serious. It is common to lose some weight. :)
  • Very normal, happened to me and I was never sick...thos pounds will start packing on soon, dont you worry lol
  • Normal. i lost a few pounds here and there while i was pregnant with my daughter, always would gain it back and she was 9lbs 7oz so she was pretty healthy lol. now if you keep losing weight then i would tell your dr
  • I lost weight until almost my third tri. If your Dr isn't worried and you're eating ii wouldn't fret.
  • My baby now is 10 months old and i only gained 10lbs with her but it was a very conplicated pergnacy!
  • I lost 25 with my son good this baby is the same
  • I was really worried too! I had lost 6 lbs in 3weeks...my doc told me she wasn't worried at all. I think I've asked her at every doc appointment so far and she always tells me the same :-?
  • I told my doc last week that i am not well!! I dont know whars wrong with me! i kinda feel what bella felt and looked like in twilight. Im very weak all the time i become very dizzy very fast. I feel very faint all the, and any time i try to do any thing like the dishes or go up the stairs or pretty much anything lately my head just starts pounding. Im haveing a very hard time just trying to take care of the kids and everyday i feel worse!! I dont knowwhat to do!!!
  • Im not sure i have to get blood work done this week. Do you know if they charge to have blood work done or can they bill me? @Bahamamama4828
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds like you need yo be put on some iron pills hun!!! I had the same problem and my iron was really really low! When I started taking iron pills everything changed. I am taking prenatal vitamins and they come with two pills one is an iron pill the other is the vitamin pill. Oh if your on wic they take your iron level and you should be able to be told then and if not mention it to the nurse or doc or call them its a simple finger prick!
  • I think they bill you, but it kind of sounds like low iron. I never had any problems before I was preggo but my baby sucked all my iron out of me my whole pregnancy! I was taking triple the recommended dose of iron pills every day and still always felt weak and craved red meat like there was no tomorrow. I ended up needing a blood transfusion after I gave birth because of it. I kept passing out while in the hospital. My Obgyn kept doing blood work on me to watch my iron. It was always lower than before despite taking all those pills. So definitely get it checked cuz needing a blood transfusion after the hell you already go through giving birth is horrible! Granted I had a really bad birthing experience and had to stay in the hospital an extra day (5 days after my c sec, 6 days total) cuz of everything that went wrong.
  • I have a wic appt on the 13th to add the nmbaby so i will tell them then and thank you very much for taking the time to tell me what you think i dont have any friends so its hard!! @smcox @momofSOONtobe7
  • Your welcome! Make sure they check for you or call your doc if it doesn't get any better soon.
  • Ask them to check your vitamin d level also. I was the same, always lethargic and dizzy. They checked my vitamin d and it was really low. Now I'm on prescription supplement for vitamin d that I take once a week. I've noticed a huge difference!