when did your baby start doing this...

edited January 2012 in Ages & Stages
We try not to spoil our baby to much by holding her ourselves. We pass her along to others and put her down as much as possible. But she fake cries so we will pick her up. She also fake cries when someone else is holding her and she spots us or hears our voices. She has been doing this for 3weeks now. She is going to turn 4months tomorrow.

Comments

• My littleman is bad about fake crying lol. its soo cute he will put on a this little shit eating grin and then let a fake cry out
  • Awww how sweet lol I can't wait for mine to start the arm thing when he wants to be held
  • You can't spoil a baby under 1 year old. Their brains are not capable of manipulation. They cry for a reason. Babies thrive on human contact and interaction. You might make her more anxious in the future if you try to make her too independent now. She's too little to understand what you're trying to do.
  • My baby started doing this when I got pregnant again
  • Around 6 months she started fake crying. she still does it every so often
  • My baby can fake laugh its amazing shes 7mo
  • My baby just turned 4 months yesterday and does this all the time! Lol its cute b/c the way he does it he will be in his bouncer playing away with his fake cry n b4 I realized he wasn't actually crying I would be running to get him n find him playing lol I still pick him up as if he was crying lol I can't help it then he will laugh!
  • Mine does, but it's not a "fake" cry. He makes a sound like he is going to cry to get a response from me so he knows that I am still around, to get reassurance that I am there. Once I pop back into view and respond he smiles and goes back to playing. He is 3 months, soon four.
    One time I didn't respond fast enough (was using the bathroom) and he actually started crying. I felt so bad.
  • @2ndbutfirst It's not a matter of intelligence, it's a matter of ignoring a babies instincts for fear of "spoiling" them. I'm sorry but babies don't do things "on purpose" or with malicious intent. It's a proven fact that their brains just don't work that way until between the ages of 1-2 yrs old.
  • Babies DO begin to learn cause & effect at an early age though. "if I drop my spoon, mommy picks it up". So they arent doing it with any malicous intent but they are smart enough to realize "when I cry, mommy picks me up". You should pick them up when they (fake) cry because they are probably lonely etc, but dont break your neck trying to get to him/her in two seconds. Jmo
  • @davidnaadynsmama I agree, I just hate when people say they're spoiled.
  • Idk my nephew would fake cough when I or his mom weren't pay attention to him, just so he could be watched. I think babies learn our reactions to their actions. Even the dr told us he was jus looking for attention
  • @starrxoxo9 @Mom2ING you guys are awesome!
    Mine has done this since birth lol she just likes to sleep on my naked boob lol
  • @bahamamama4828 lol when we nurse in bed my daughter always unlatches and sleeps with her cheek on my boob :)
  • edited January 2012
    @starrxoxo9 so does mine. I'm not allowed to move and get comfy lol
  • @2ndbutfirst Well I guess we have different understandings of the meaning of spoiled.
  • My baby has been doin this for about 2 weeks since he was 6months! he starts to wine then squints his eyes and pretends to.cry but he makes sure ur still watchin him!.its very cute
  • My sons Dr said 6 months a baby can get spoiled but fake crys are deff just to be silly and kno ur there. My friends baby is 9 months and its extremely SPOILED. She gets everything. Won't sleep in her own bed wont let anyone but her mom hold her and throws temper tantrums. You can spoil baby's under 1.
  • @victoriarenee my daughter just starting doing the same thing with me! It's hysterical!! I have to hide my laughter!!