how long....?

edited January 2012 in Loss
Okay, military docs suck to get hold of sometimes... I lost my little angle at almost 7 weeks along last week... I haven't been able to get hold of a doc to see when sex is okay again... Ladies??? When were you told it was okay???? The bleeding has stopped, cramping is minimal... Go in next week for hormone test to make sure its over completely... But I'd really like some comfort now...

Comments

• I had a miscarriage last Feb. I only waited until the bleeding stopped...got pregnant the following month and now have my beautiful baby boy :)
  • First off sorry for your loss.... I lost my little one in march! I know the pain. If the bleeding has stopped I would still wait I was told two weeks. Give your body a little bit more time to get back to "normal" after bleeding.. did you have a dnc or just naturally let it pass? BC if you had a dnc the paper work would have that info in. If nothing else call the hospital ans ask them as well. Good luck!
  • I was told 2 weeks. I passed it all natural. I was also told to not ttc for at least 2you normal cycles to make sure my body had healed.
  • So sorry for your loss. I was just like @hanerc I only waited till I was done bleeding. The doctor told me I should wait till I had my period so we had a better idea when we concieved. But obviously I didn't, and ended up prego again the next month & now have a healthy 2 month old.
  • I passed naturally. I know it sounds bad... But goodness I would love my hubbys comfort. Sigh
  • @britt21 ... I'm afraid if I get preggo right NOW, the military docs will think it was the last baby and insist on a d&c or something... Sometimes they're not that bright. But I'm so impatient at the same time
  • I was told the same thing @britt21 was told. The doctor said I should wait atleast 2 cycles...we didn't even try to get pregnant & I was really nervous what the Dr would say when i went back the next month pregnant again. They didn't even act like it was a big deal, it's more for them to have a more accurate time of when you conceived. Hopefully your military doctors are smarter than that. Good luck :). I know after my miscarriage, I was devastated. Keep your head up and before you know it, you will have a beautiful baby.
  • I gave in... Were trying again right away. I refuse to put my life on hold. The pregnancy symptoms are gone, I know everything is passed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The thing about that... I don't have normal periods. My next period could be in 6 months. That's why it took us 2 years, provera, and clomid to get the first pregnancy. And let me rephrase 'trying again right away'. I mean we had sex for the first time since. I think it also acted as a healing method for me too... Something normal again after this horrible beginning to the year.
  • @redshadoe0 I got an ultrasound at my first apt to make sure it was a new pregnancy. Next time you get prego before you get af then I would ask for an u/s.
  • @britt21 thanks for that advice. Hopefully I can convince them to do that.
  • I got pregnant the following month after my mc in dec of 2010. I was told there was no need to wait I was only 6 weeks. I didnt even have a period in between. Now I have a healthy 3 month old girl.
  • Thank you @sjmomof3 I hope that that'll be the case with me. LOL, I would love an October baby... But I honestly don't want a baby born around the holidays if I can help it. I just don't want to wait. I was only 6.5 weeks... And I've been very good about taking my folic acid and prenatals... My body should be healed enough to try again. That's what I feel at least.
  • @RedShadoe0 I really didnt want another oct baby becuse my sons is oct 8 and mine is oct 18. However she was and her bday is oct 7. Of all the days in oct she wanted to come the the day before her brothers bday. My 1st was born in july and I loved it. She barely.had to wear clothes for the 1st two months :)
  • yeah this first one was due in August... That was perfect for me... Lost it new years day. So if we get lucky again this month, cool. Otherwise I wanna wait a few months so its not a holiday baby. LOL but honestly ill take what i can get!! As long as I have a healthy baby someday, ill be so very happy.
  • hey sweets remember me lol so i had a dnc two weeks later conceived soooo my body dropped an egg and got prego and now how a very big bouncin baby boy
  • @skysma yes maam! That's what I'm praying for :)
  • me too I would be so happy for u
  • @skysma @sjmomof3 and all the others... I got the all clear today!! Hcg levels are officially at 0 so everything passed naturally. Time to get at it!!
  • yay so happy for u hey can i inbox u my number??
  • Have fun at that baby making ..lol
  • Yay that's so exciting! Start that baby dancing!
  • Ideally period should start today.... Or at least this week. We shall see!!! Pray for an Oct baby for me please!!!! @britt21 @sjmomof3 @skysma
  • Will do I hope you get your baby I wanted to inbox u but couldn't so here's my number 2084078831
  • @skysma why wouldn't it let you inbox me?
  • edited February 2012
    I have 3 Oct babies! Lol its fun plus Halloween :)
    Good luck!