need help

edited January 2012 in Sleep
every night baby fights sleep wont sleep til after 2am or even 4am need help to get him to sleep we rock him hold him pat his back to try to get him to sleep. have tired baths, warm bottle, and nursing to sleep (that works but he wakes up when i put him in his bassinet) and making it completely dark and quite we have used white nosie machine and the tv and nothing i need different ideas!

also he seems to be throwing more fits latelty

Comments

• Does he sleep alot during the day?
  • edited January 2012
    yeah b/c he hasnt slept all night @excitedforoctober
  • Even though he is tired try keep up longer during the day. You can do it alittle but more each day and might be able to shift his sleep pattern
  • ill have to have myu mom do it tomrrow while im at work @eeyore
  • Oh my goodness it sounds like you have tried everything... Do u have a swing for him my daughter loves her to help her fall asleep. our daughter is going to be one month tom and I knew to start getting her into some schedule right away so we usually try and play with her I talk to her read to her we let her look at different things so it just keeps her up for couple of hrs bf bed time and we do that throughout that day as well. We make regular noises throughout the day and have lights and then when its night we they stay quite and don't interact too much with her and now her body knows difference between day and night she only wakes up once to eat at night either around 1am or 6am we just change her, feed her, burp her, and then rap her up and put her to bed no problem. Sometimes she will wake up to eat both of those times but shes gone a few nights now without waking up at all. They just need routine bc their little bodies learn fast. So just try keep him more awake during the day so his tired for bed and slowly it should get him out of that routine and into a new one. It took me two weeks but I noticed the difference within few days. Good luck!
  • My lo is like that so she ends up in the swing
  • swing for my lo as well. or sleeping with me, nursing to sleep.
  • I have tried everything to but my lo is 10 months. Im going crazy!
  • Sounds like growth spurts... Here's a good article

These are the time periods, during the first year when you normally can expect, that your baby will enter an infant growth spurt and be having growing experiences:

The first 7-10 days after birth

After 3 weeks

After 6 weeks

After 3 months

After 6 months

After 9 months

These baby growth spurts can be stressful for mom, if she isn't aware or prepared.

If a mom doesn't know what to do, it can also be very stressful for the baby, which may hamper his development.

This information will be helpful, for both of you, when it happens.

However, the baby is not only going through a physical growth spurt.

He is also having a psychological, emotional spurt, and they are both vital to his future health and development.

Read more...

http://www.quality-baby-care-products.com/infant-growth-spurts.html
  • thanks @ynvtish im gonna put that in my favorites
    @bahamamama4828 steph_due_101611 @jules lo doesnt like the swing for long amounts of time
    @megaroo goodluck i gave my lo gas drops last night right before bed and he slept from 2am - 8am i woke him so he would be ready for bed tonight
  • Oh man thats hard mine could be in hers forever but I don't let her lol so she doesn't get too attached ... well just keep trying it all just take time. Your doing an amazing job sounds like you have thought of everything already.