she wont eat

edited January 2012 in Formula Feeding
So my 8 1/2 month old has out of the blue decided to not drink formula. We have tried different brands. Her Dr did mention at her 6month check that around 9 months We may introduce some dairy but nothing extreme. Has anyone had a child go on milk young or had a kid refuse formula? I'm feeding her anything she will eat so she doesn't lose nutrition. Please no bashing there is no preventing a picky kid lol I am one. I'm taking her to the Dr tomorrow

Comments

• I switched my son to cows milk at 11 months. He is an extremely picky kid. At 18 months I took the bottle away and now he wont drink milk at all lol
  • @tinka1326 really? I know lots of kids that won't drink milk. I was on milk early and aren't allergic, and if your son is fine then I'm hoping the Dr will switch her. It's devastating watching your baby want a bottle but won't drink it
  • do you do sippy cups? maybe that with help? at least she is eating some solids
  • @bahamamama4828 We do a sippy sometimes but she isn't to into them at night. Who knows maybe tomorrow she will be back to normal.
  • I switched my oldest baby at 9 months because I was 18 and couldn't afford formula anymore.. I was young and struggling then.

She survived..
  • @ynvtish:) now I'm feeling very comfortable with maybe having to switch. Back when We were babies formula was just condensed milk and We are fine
  • @proudmomma ... Exactly! ;-)

The ONLY think I would be concerned about is hormones in the milk. My daughter wasn't a big kid so it was okay.. also.. just watch any signs of constipation.
  • @ynvtish lol I just realized I put a devil face! Well I got her to eat target brand. I will give it to her for a few days then switch her back. She still will only drink two or three bottles a day which I think at her age isn't good. I waited on her Dr today to see how the bottles went today.
  • My oldest son was only drinking 3 bottles a day from 10 to 12 months and then we knocked those out shortly after his first birthday. The doctor said that it was fine but he reccommended giving him ovoultine in his milk (not everytime you dont want him to become too used it) because of all the vitamins and nutrients in it and we started that at 1 year.
  • edited January 2012
    I breastfed my daughter until 10m then I had to switch her to formula since I was pregnant n I couldn't produce enough milk... anyways she hated the formula so much that she would even drink anything out of a bottle... I tried to give whole milk at 11m she wouldn't drink that either... she's actully didn't start drinking whole milk till a couple of months ago (she's 2!!!) So I give her pedisure she loves that but as a baby we would feed her baby food n a lil juice during the day n I breastfed at night... I felt so bad
  • My 8months daughter is doing the same, she refusing to drink formula, she only wants to eat solids , she drinks 3 6oz bottles a day and 1 4oz gerber yogurt juice
  • The nurse says it may be cause of teeth
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • goats milk is my suggestion as well :)
  • Well she's eating now. It's her teeth. She has 8 and getting more in. I'm happy her appetite is back
  • @bahamaama4828 @homebirthadvocate I asked my pedi avout goats milk & she said it sometimes isnt pasturied enough which may be bad is this true? I dont plan on drinking goatmilk personally just asking
  • @moodymommie so not true. The grocery store sells it pasteurized just like any milk.
    its not like its straight from the farm lol.