Would You Ever Have a Babyshower After Baby?

edited January 2012 in Baby showers
So I never had a baby shower when I was pregnant with my LO, and I think I want one now. My LO is almost 3 months old.
Would you have one this late?

Comments

• I just had my baby shower last month december and my daughter was born september 23rd she was 3 months and 2weeks, I think its better to have it after the baby is born, then every1 would wanna see the lo imo.
  • Our church wanted to do this.. was going to call it a "growing shower".
  • Yes I would I don't see anything wrong with it. f they ask y now maybe you can say well its a welcome to the family/ babyshower either way its about baby :-)
  • My family traditionally does it.. its called a "Sip & See" its done over brunch and you serve champagne and the can sip and see your baby. Normally no one holds her or him except the parents and grand parents.

I had 2 baby showers instead with this child since I no longer live near my entire family.

Sip & Sees are big back south.
  • I had my baby September 22 and had my baby shower in mid November
  • edited January 2012
    I only heard of "welcome to the world" parties, usually the month after a child is born. This way you know gender, what you need and is co-ed.
  • If I don't find out the sex before birth, I'm having my "welcome home baby" party
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome to the world type parties are becoming more popular.
  • Never heard of one that late. But I did throw one after baby was born for my cousin because she didn't find out what she was having.
  • We live far from our families and didn't know gender so we are having a Christening party instead. I agree its more fun with the baby present. Wha big swollen pregnant woman wants to be center of attention? I sure didn't!
  • I had my baby shower around the end of december and my son was born 9/24..
  • I had an after baby party. It wasn't a shower really. There was no theme or games. Just lots of friends family and booze!! I loved it. My parents, especially my dad, is superstitious so we waited till the baby was safe and sound.
  • I think it is kind of odd, but if you call it a welcome to the world party or something different it would be okay. IMO it just seems kinda of rude to not have a baby shower, like you dont need anything, and then you have the baby and it is like o shit I need stuff so now I want a party so I'm going to ask people to bring me stuff. BUT that is just how I look at it, there are times when the baby is born early, or family is not around so you do it after because it is better timing, or if you plan it like that from the start that is fine. I just think people maybe taken back if they tried to throw you a shower or something and you declined, it is kind of like o I guess baby's do cost a lot so now I want a shower.
  • @My2Boys that makes sense. I only never had one because I was unsure if I would end up with another preemie, my other 2 came at 35 and 30 weeks and this one came 2 days overdue. I am not in need for anything really I just wasnt sure if people actually did them after baby :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I sure wuld I wish sumone wuld give me one !
  • I did :-D but it was a meet & greet baby and a gift card shower. Baby, dad and I live in VA and all of my family lives in California and his family lives in Florida. Got over $500 worth in gift cards!!
  • Sip and See. Its very common. I actually want to do this with my current bun in the oven.