co sleeping ?

edited January 2012 in Sleep
I love co sleeping but my lo is wiggling now & im scared she will fall off the bed or wiggle too close to my pillow while im sleeping. I dont want to break our bond too early cuz I think its important for her to know im close but im getting worried how do you mamas sleep with a wiggly baby? or what is a good age to stop sleeping together? my lo is 2 months & her crib is like RIGHT by my bed but I still like her in my bed... idk what to do.

Comments

• Get a bed rail for sure. I stopped co sleeping a few weeks ago my lo is 3 1/2 months
  • mine sleeps with me and she is WIGGLY! I actually prop her up on my pillow inbetween dad and i. she doesnt have a bed lol. im awful i know.
    i would say when she sleeps through the night then transition her.
  • My lo is 3 months and has coslept with us thus far. He refuses to sleep in his own bed. We are working on moving him to his own bed but it is def a struggle. Hopefully your lo will go with the change. I do hate that he won't be right there with me every night, but it is going to be good for both of us!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My Lo wiggles too. Most mornings I wake up to him completely side ways! He sleeps between hubby n me so I'm not concerned that he'll fall n I usually wake up if he has his face in somethin. That instinct
  • edited January 2012
    @HomeBirthAdvocate That is incredibly logical and one of the best pieces of co sleeping advice I've seen. I don't co sleep but if I did, that would be the way I would do it. :)
  • My son, 15 weeks, currently sleeps in a PnP next to my bed. I love being able to just peek in and see him breathing. He goes to sleep at 9ish and wakes up anywhere between 5 and 6, and then after that nursing he stays in bed with me.
    My husband has been pushing for me to put him in his own room/crib now. But I'm personally not ready. :(
  • @homebirthadvocate im going to try that :) my lo wakes up between 3-5 depending on what time she went to sleep & I wake up at 5 for work so im going to try that! her crib is right by mine so im hoping she will be fine with the transition :/ im still nervous! why is she growing so fast?! lol
  • I love my baby sleeping with me too just sometimes I worry too much lol daddy cant live with us because of the landlord so she is only blocked on one side. ill probly still sleep with her some nights :)