Should I even bother?

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
So I am 15+2. My parents, siblings and close friends know of my pregnancy. The rest of my fam have no clue. I haven't told them because I haven't been near them long enough to, lately I have just been caving myself in due to depression, sickness, from my first trimester etc. Plus what am I supposed to come out of nowhere and say hey I am pregnant!? Its just hitting me because I am just starting to show and I don't want people to think that I am trying to hide this pregnancy because that's not the case at all! & these next months coming up there is a lot of fam functions that I am going to attend. I just really don't know how to go about this :-(

Comments

• How u think they going to react?
  • Have a shirt made with ur sue date on it and make it a game at the next function and see who figures it out.
  • This may sound harsh but the only people you owe it too to tell that your prego already no everyone else should find out on there own its not like your hiding it ypu know but if you dont like that drop suddle hints they'll catch on hun lol
  • @elyandanthony Well like everyone we all have our share of some judgemental and some understanding family. I am so excited for the judgemental ones to start talking though lol. In a way I feel like its not their business just my immediate family's business but my concern I don't want them just all of a sudden seeing me with a belly and freakin out. I haven't been with my bd for a while well I have talked to him bt everyone thinks we have been over since I moved back home like in sept. So of course they will want to get all in my business with the 21 questions that will just piss me off. Ugh I just don't know what to do.

@twin_angels only problem is my mom isn't too supportive lol. She doesn't even talk to me and she acts like I am not even pregnant.

Are any of you guys in this alone without ur bd and if so how did ur family react with the news?
  • @Shevybad yeah that's what I think too like its no one elses business bt being how close I am with my family without telling them it will just seem like I am hiding it. & if worse comes to worse and I let my parents do the talking idk how bad they will make me look since they have been so evil with me.
  • @twin_angels aww ur lucky to have such a great family :)
  • I got preg @ 19 I only told my mom when I was 2 1/2 months cuz felt kinda had to but I lived bymyself so really didnt care...didnt wanna tell my judgemental ass family but they eventually found out n because I was on my own goin medical school they supported n welcomed my daughter ,"not her father"whos now my ex (hate when theyre right lol) but they cnt say nothing as long as ur being responsible about it ,n theyre not gna pay ur bill neway n stay up at night with u neway dnt break ur head over it ...but remember fam usually there its ur friends u usually loose
  • @twin_angels lol well I hope my mom at least loves me because of the baby when he or she is here because I am hated right now and ignored it sucks. Evil mothers can make ur life so miserable huh lol.

@MrsV you have a good point. Lol & yeah they are mostly right!
  • @elle_baby yikes mom will get over it grandmas always do but im not close to my family so that worked for me but being that u are they may take it the wrong way idk lol
  • Every fam has a big mouth lol u shld tell dat person theyll spread da newz 4u lol
  • @Shevybad ahh lucky! Haha I think I should just move far far away and avoid all the negativity I will be hearing.

@twin_angels omg we have the same mother! Lol its ok I thought it was short. I am the middle child so my dad favors my brother and my mom my lil sister. Its like I can never do anything right, at times I get to the point in which I hate my parents. I get treated like I am not even part of their family. I would do anything for a NICE mother lol.
  • @MrsV VERY true lmao! I think I will do that!
  • @elle_baby remember thus your not doing anything worst then anybody else im sure ur not the first in ur fam to get prego but I know how judgemental people can be
  • @Shevybad I don't have young people in my fam so I am the youngest one that's prego lol. I have cousins that knocked up their girls bt they are in their late 20's and well they are "guys".
  • @twin_angels I am going to start searching lol. Awww : ( at least u treat ur daughter different and u learned from that so u have extra love to give :) wish we can change how our mothers treated us that's how mine is too not even a hug! :(
  • team up with someone who you told and trust, and at the fam functions stick close to them. practice nice, but as vague as youd like answers, but have that family member there to interrupt or intervene if the conversation becomes too personal, or too out of your comfort zone. i did that when i told extended fam, i had my dad by my side. im pretty good at, shall we say, diplomatic responses, but some people just love to pry, so my dad would usually respond in the same vague way as i did, just paraphrasing, and then change the subject for me.

good luck hun. i feel your pain!!
  • Wow my mom is excatly the same way she never hugs me or says I love u to me she treats my brother like gold n me like I'm a outkast n I'm the olders too I wish I had a mom to show me love I am the completely different from her my son get hugs kisses n I say I love u to him all the time my daughter or son(I'm 26 weeks pregnant my parents don't know) will always be equal in my eyes n my heart so I know wat ur goin though
  • @twin_angels ah they so are sisters!!! Lol mine doesn't tell me thank u either! When our mothers get more old and our siblings ignore them and they seek love from us we won't be there that will be the karma they get.

@babiilove at least it makes us different then them and makes us appreciate things more :) We can make up for their mistakes by giving our kids extra love and that should make up for the past. I see it as starting over by having my own family. Congrats btw & Are you planning on telling ur parents?
  • I know how all of youu feel , but im extremely youngg . Like 14 youngg . My mother completely disowned me . Told me she'd give me the number to child protective services so i could leave . & im not even 5 weeks yet . But i hope it gets better .
  • @EliseBaby254 omg and are u still living with her?
  • For now , yes . I think its just the hurt & disapointment talking . But if not then i can always live w| my aunt . She also has told me to consider abortion & adoption . I cant do either one .
  • @twin_angels
    Thanks (: it means alot that you are here if i need you . I wish my mother was this supportive . I know im young , but i look at it as if i think im grown enough to have sex then i should be grown enough to deal w/ the consequences . I am taking responsibility for my actions .
  • Sadly i dont , not aloud to have one :/ but thank you .
  • I have an email address ,
    Its, kimberlyelise.254@gmail.com
  • If u have a facebook with ur fam on it post it on there that's what I did lol
  • So wen do u plan on tellin ur fam?
  • Wow what a story...well mine is a bit off but imma tell y'all..

I have a bf living way 2000miles away from mee...so called LDR (long distance relationship)..we've been together for 4yrs..but somewhat something change..he got no time to call or text me coz his busy @ work...so before xmas last yr like around oct to nov he never cease to contacts me anymore..so I kinda loosen up a lil bit and met this guy from somewhere up westcoast..so we talk a lot..etcetc..so we became MU..I'm bout ready to moved on with my LDR BF..den I decided to sleep with this new guy..to be part of moving on..,den same day when I slept with him..my LDR BF start texting me again lol... so I didn't bother to answer at first..I went back home..den I start talking with my LDR bF..he said sorry etc..I felt bad..coz I still love him..

Then I felt something diff with my body..I did a pt test after missing my period for 5days..its positive..I told my MU Guy..he said he didn't expect this things to happen..and all of a sudden he don't want me at all..lol..I said so that's all u want???lol...he start telling me stuffs his going to get married with someone else... to tell u all mommies... I don't him..I'm just hurt if he didn't want me atleast I hope he didn't get me pregnant..right??

Well, if I am prego..this is gonna be my first baby and his first too... but I'm still thinking bout my LDR BF..once I find out I'm prego..ill tell him eventho I know ill hurt him..and even I don't have a man into my life with this baby its fine...I know I can make it...but I'm just hoping he can think I made a bad mistake and he can forgive me atleast...imma have a check up this lunchtime...

And yeah I'm 25 yrs old haha :)
  • *I don't want him*... typo sorry...

I hope my LDR BF will understand my situations and still accept me...
    I'm kinda beoing so emotional coz of this...well for some reasons I felt sorry about myself..obeying stuffs and not using my head..but even so I know I'm gonna make it...