Dr. Browns bottles?

edited January 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
If you use them...does it take your lo longer to finish with these bottles? Ive been using the Playtex Ventaire since shes been on bottles and with those she always drink about an oz per minutes. I normally nevee takes more than 5 minutes to finish a bottle unless she is being lazy. Walmart was out of the Ventaires so I got her a Dr Browns. It has taken her about 10 minutes to finish 3-4ozs in these. Maybe I need to up the nipple flow.

Comments

• I recently switched to Dr browns cuz my baby is colicky, I love them! Harder to clean than the ventairs but whatever. I had tried Tommy Tippee and ventair first. But yes, he does take forever to drink it unless it's breast milk. He's been on formula since day one and had nothing but tummy problems. Dr finally gave him a predigested formula for colic do that combined with the Dr browns has made a night and day difference. My friend gives me her over supply of frozen breast milk so he can get the nutrients. He loves it.
  • edited January 2012
    @smcox I like them so far. They leak a little but not enough to dislike them. I haven't tried tomme tippe yet. But I love the ventaire also..probably because Thar's the one I'm use to. It just seems like it takes FOREVER with the Dr.B. And she drinks only bm. I guess 10 minutes isn't too bad tho. Its just a big difference from 3 or 4 minutes.
  • I use them & recently had to use level 2 nipples, i feel like she gets less gas when eating from the dr browns bottles than when she just breastfeeds...weird lol
  • @bellareust how old was your lo when you moved up?
  • They do leak occasionally. At first I didn't know what that thin plastic piece was for till a bottle spilled all over my diaper bag. Now I make sure that piece is between the nipple and yellow thing every time! Other than that just make sure when you shake you use your finger over the nipple and don't rely on the lid.... Otherwise that leaks too. But totally worth it for a less colicky baby!
  • Oh and my lo is two months and I still use level one nipples
  • About 4 and a half months! @mimii36 she's a real guzzler lol i think because my flow is so much faster so she wanted faster flow on the bottles as well
  • I snap mine on then tighten it up, they are less likely to leak.
  • Mine has never leaked. But I rarely use it. I like Breastflow better. Feels like my boob. Lol.
  • I love them and they have never leaked. My 4 month old takes a while to eat but he always has even before I got these bottles. It takes him half hour to eat five oz.
  • The playtex drop ins takes my son forever to finish dr. brown bottles take normal time
  • I love Dr.Browns bottles! I tried Breastflow bottles then Playtex Ventair bottles then the Dr.Browns & I fell in love w/them. Breastflow were good but kinda leaked & I hated the Ventaire because the flow was TOO fast & I couldn't find other nipples. & Dr.browns helped a lot w/his colick & gas
  • @bellareust oh my lo is only 2 months but IM think she would be better with a faster flow.

@fate I love breastflow too but the nipple collapses everytime & I can tell she gets to much air in them also

@my2boys wow I guess I should be satisfied with 10 minutes then.
  • @clope18 I actually have a different nipple on my ventaire bottle so im not sure about the actual nipple. But the one I have must be pretty fast too because she finishes her bottles in about a minute or less per ounce.
  • @Mimii36 yeah I only have the nipples that came with it but it must be too fast for my LO, its like he almost chokes b/c too much comes out :/
  • @clope18 they could be the fast flow nipples. We had to go buy the slow flow
  • Collapses? Mine stays all full of milk. Did you take the blue part out or something? The only real complaint I had about Dr. Brown's is the little brush thing. Too hard to keep track of!
  • I love the Dr. Browns bottles! I would advise going up in a nipple size if you don't feel like he's eating like he was! My son is 6 weeks old but we use the 3 months nipple sizes because it doesn't require him to work as hard! Good luck :)
  • LOVE Dr. Brown's. It takes my LO longer to eat, but no fussiness because of gas/air :)
  • @fate nope the blue part is still there. It doesnt collapse but the clear part does. Everytime! I guess she has a very strong suction.
  • @usafwife_21 yea I think I will move up. I think she gets lazy towards the end & doesnt want to finish the rest.
  • @jennalynn87 where did you find them?
  • They have different nipple flow for Dr. Brown bottles didn't know that. How do u know when u need to higher or lower flow
  • edited January 2012
    @roxy yea I believe all bottle brands have different flows. I think my lo needs a faster flow in this bottle because its taking alot longer for her to finish & she gets tired towards the end & doesnt finish. Shes having to work 2 much. But all her other bottles are still on slow flow & they are fine. When the flow is 2 fast...the milk will probably be spilling out of lo mouth and/or lo will be chocking on it.