cosleeping mommies, when and how...

edited January 2012 in Sleep
Did you get your baby sleeping in their crib in their own room? My daughter is a little over 5 months and for the past 3 weeks or so I've been letting her fall asleep in my arms then putting her in the pack n play in my room next to.my bed. Well she is not catching on very well lol. She'll only sleep in there for 1-3 hrs and then will.not go back for the rest of the night. Even after she's in my bed she's waking up every 2-3 hrs again. Before I started this she was sleeping from like 10:30-4 or 5am and then back to sleep til 9. Idk if I should keep trying or what. Help!

Comments

• Oh and my point was, if I can't get her to sleep in there, how will I ever get her in her own room?
  • Bump
    My son is the same way help
  • Try naps during the day in crib and start from there. That way she gets used to it. It won't be a shock to her.
  • I was told to not move where they fall asleep. like if they fall asleep on the couch and u put them in their crib and they wake up latr it freaks them out apparently
  • it is definitely a slow process but doable.
    i have a weird suggestion lol start out feeding her in her bed or pack n play in your room until she falls asleep. it might take a couple nites, then repeat in her room
  • once you get to her room, do the nite time routine in there.
  • Ok we were co sleepers from birth as he just needed to sleep on my chest or next to me. I got a bed nest which is like a shallow bassinet and put that next to me, within 3 nights he was used to having this little wall around him and sleeps in his bed next to mine, to start with he wouldn't go all night but with this new super warm blanket i put over the cold sheet he stays in their all night, i just nurse give him a kiss and he goes back in. I loved co sleeping but never slept properly and was vomiting from being so tired so it has done us aboth good!
  • @jazzi89 that makes sense. She fell asleep in the car today and woke up in the grocery store all bug eyed like where am I??? Lol
  • @bahamamama4828 I'm not sure what you mean, how would I feed her while she's in the pack n play if I breastfeed? Lol maybe I'm confused..
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby yea I'm ready to have my space back. I wake up so sore from sleeping the same way all night. I always cave when she wakes up though cuz I'm so tired and I know she'll fall right asleep in my bed :/ lol
  • I wish I had an answer because I co-slept with my son...he's now 5 and a half and refuses to sleep on his own. I decided I wasn't not letting baby sleep with me in bed, obviously I can't anyways because of my son, but she has slept right next to me in her own bed from day one. I hope you have better luck than I did LOL.
  • *was not, not wasn't not haha.