Surgery and bfing

edited January 2012 in Breastfeeding
Has anyone had surgery while they were bfing? I have to have my wisdom teeth out and Im nervous about it. At 2 1/2 months I still get very engorged, and Im worried about being able to hold her while drugged.

Comments

• i havent been put to sleep when i got my wisdom teeth out. but i was ok with the local anesthesia.
    im no help sorry lol.
  • I just had surgery last Tuesday and was completely put under. I pumped & dumped 3 times throughout the day and finally fed her at the breast at about 11 pm. I had surgery at 10 am. She has no ill effects. Oh, I passed on the narcotics and just took extra strength tylenol. Good luck.
  • I did the exact thing as @mijita. By the way how did surgery go?
  • When feeding baby, lie down and do it. Just make sure ur comfy
  • I had surgery and was completely under, my surgeon, my obgyn, and my daughter's physician all said that I could feed her right after. I had several bottles pumped so she didn't nurse until three hours after my surgery but I didn't have to pump and dump.
  • @ynvtish, surgery went well, thanks for asking. I'm currently sitting here in the office for my follow up. Fun fun fun.
  • I couldn't BF after surgery. It hurt too badly. I had it in my abdomen and was on loads of pain killers. After a week, I built my supply back up and she was fine.