Fighting Sleep

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
My daughter is 8 months old and seems to be going thru a phase of fighting her sleep (at least I hope its a phase!). She's never been like this, she usually knows when it is bed time and as soon as she hits her bed, she's out. The last 2 weeks, she wants me to hold her and rock her to sleep and if I don't do that, she will sit and cry for me until I pick her up. I don't mind doing this, but she is taking forrrrrevvvverr to fall asleep and I usually have to do this multiple times before she will be out cold.

Anybody know if its usual for babies this age to go through this and if so, ideas to help get her to sleep? If I didn't have to work and have another child I devote time to after she's in bed, I would love to spend an hour trying to get her to sleep!

Comments

• My baby is 2.5 months and has just started this. It is woo nerve wrecking!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My 8 month old almost 9 fights sleep like there is no tomorrow! It's a phase. She just screams and isn't happy period. She does this till She falls over asleep
  • @mimii36 Yes, very nerve racking!

@kendylsmommy I will download that and try it tonight, thanks!

@proudmomma That sounds exactly like my daughter, I can't let her cry for too long though cuz I feel bad. Eventually she will fall asleep, but because she gets to crying, she will get a snotty face and it makes me feel really bad. Poor babies...why can't they understand how good sleep is LOL?!
  • Lol yea I'm weak. The world is full of so much to learn so sleep is boring plus something may happen lol
  • @ta2edblondie No, she cut 4 about a month ago and I'm not seeing any new ones. I think she's just sick honestly. That, and she can hear us and wants to be up with us. I think she doesn't want to miss out on all the fun haha.
  • @LilSugarsMomma my two year old will fight sleep to no end!