Nuva Ring BC

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
Can you ladies give your experiences with this BC please. I can't deal with the bleeding from loestrin fe any longer, so I'm going to try, just want to know how it was for others though.

Comments

• @KayyCarter omg I'm on the same pill!! Ive been bleeding almost 3 weeks! I only want to be on the pill but this one ain't cutting it!
  • @mimii36
    -_- good luck with that pill hun. That crap had me bleeding for 3 weeks out of every month even when I didn't take the placebos! I was taking it for 4 months and had tingling in my feet, crazy headaches, nausea and just an overall moodiness. When I stopped last week, I had a headache for 4 days straight.... Idk if BC is for me
  • I think the best birth control is the Depo shot because you dont have to worry about getting your period except for when your bodies getting adjusted to it, or if your off it over your date to get the shot done again which is done every 3months. If you do it all accurately it'll work perfectly. Dont listen to the rumors that were told about it. I was on it for about 2 years and it was 100% safe. Like I stated the only way pregnancy happens on the Depo is if your not regularly on it as the nurse/doctor recomends you to be on it, or if you skip a date you were sapposed to get the shot.

I've been off it for about 9months and now i'm 4months pregnant! :) so if you want to get pregnant again in the future your able to once your off the shot but could take up to a year to get pregnant (different per person) just a suggestion. And the shot is painless!
  • I hated the depo shot..it screwed me all up :( my current doctor refuses to administer it anymore in her practice because of the problems her patients have had. I really liked the nuvaring. I was on it for a year..took it our and was pregnant a couple months later. I'm sure it depends on the person though. Wish you the best..cause bleeding for three weeks is terrible!
  • @0utlaw_Sphinx
    I'm with u on the drop, if I didn't respond so great with the pill I don't even wanna think about what that shot could do to me.

@aishamusa
    You're one of the few people I've seen speak greatly of depo but I'm still not swayed lol.
  • I'm currently using the ring, much more convenient than the pill! In my first month of using it I spotted from days 10-21 & then I got my period afterwards. But I've had no issues with bleeding since. Sometimes I can feel it during sex, & as ta2edblondie mentioned sometimes it ends up around my husbands penis... lmao. But you can remove it for up to 3hrs during the day. Insertion is easy, you just pinch it, push it up a bit, & then it 'rides' up to where it needs to be, when removing you just sit on the toilet & 'hook' it with your pointer finger.
  • @KayyCarter all im saying is do some research on it dont just go by whatever people say. They could have been one of the people who used the Depo wrong and now blaming the Depo for their carelessness lol. You can ask a gynocologist or a nurse with that field of study pregnancy, birth control and whatnot about it also...keep an open mind after all you wanna find the best thing to prevent yourself from getting preggo again right?

But you can do what you please of course its just a suggestion :)
  • I used the ring properly & did not remove it for sex for almost 2yrs & loved it until I got pregnant on it lol.
  • I know of a few other ladies (not on here) that got pregnant using it j/s
  • There's a small percentage of pregnancy on any birth control... no more for one form than another though...
  • I hated nuvaring. Made me sore & made sex very uncomfortable.
  • Sigh... I d k what to do anymore. I just don't think BC is for me but I do not want another baby!
  • I had an allergic reaction so bad the doctor originally thought it was herpes. It took me a few days to realise that it was the ring causing just mild soreness, I thought maybe it was normal, within 10 days I was in agony, I took it out after 7... Took about a month to fully heal it was awful...
  • @ta2edblondie
    Lmao I keep the back door locked- threw away the key lol
  • @tinka1326
    That scares me even more now :( I may explore the condom route
  • I have the merina now because the risks involved with it dont bother be because I dont want more children either way
  • @tinka1326 how is yur mirena ? Ineed sumone to give me their experience
  • @cute_pebbles I had it put in 2 weeks ago and had light spotting and cramping for a day and nothing since... So far its great. I worry about it moving or travelling so I check for the strings every few days
  • I loved the ring. I had that before I got pregnant. I stopped using it to get pregnant and got pregnant the first try! I tried using it this time a round but it wouldnt stay up cause I have alot to scar tissue in my whoha so now im on mirena and freaking love that also lol
  • edited January 2012
    I am starting nuvaring next week. I am a little worried about it falling out.