hair! when does it stop?

edited January 2012 in Postpartum Health
When will my hair stop falling out??? I swear I'm gonna go bald! I get a handful of hair every time I brush it, and its always everywhere! on my clothes, bed, blankets, laundry, on the baby, in her hands... seriously everywhere. when will it end?!

Comments

• Mine has been to. I'm 11 weeks pp. I hope it stops soon, my hair is thin enough already
  • Ya I'm almost 4 months too @Sophiasmom11 @sands3
  • I hate it I can't wait till it stops ill be 4 months pp on the 29th
  • It will keep falling out until u cant take it anymore and think its not normal and think u need to see a doc about it... Thats how mine was every time. :( keep taking prenatal vitamins will help a little.
  • My baby will be 4 months on the 22 and it is still bad for me
  • My friend hers lasted a year! UGH!!!! but just fyi, her son's pedi told her to watch out for hair tourniquets which she kind of laughed off thinking it was kinda weird. But a couple days later she was giving her son a bath and felt hair on his toes. (she's blonde so she couldn't see it but felt it)
    She tried pulling it off but it just tugged. Turns out it was all around his toes so tight it drew blood when she finally got it unwrapped. :( Who knew hair could be such a dangerous thing? But her son could've seriously lost toes if she hadn't have noticed it. Hair tourniquets: it's a serious thing! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I havent had any hair lose. I hope it doesnt sneak up on me!!
  • Omg! Hair loss is so scary. I have had two kids and didn't have any
  • Hair loss from them. But I did loose about half from a thyroid condition.
  • My doctor told me not to stress because that will make it worse.:( its hard not to. I started wearing scarfs around my head till it stopped. It helps it from getting everywhere and you don't have to see it all the time. Good luck! I know it sucks and is scary,