4 & a half month old feeding ???

edited January 2012 in Food
my bby is 4 n a half months n I started giving her rice cerial (once a day)wen she was like 3 days away frm 4 months... well I just started giving her sweet patatoes bout a week ago(once a day) n my question is should I start giving it to her twice a day?? mayb cerial n morning n patatoes @ afternoon?? or should I just do patatoes..

also: I just got cheap rice cerial walmart parents choice kind..should I get wheat?? or oatmeal!!??

Comments

• Well I'm not sure but I can't wait to try cereal :) have you asked your pediatrician ? That's what I would suggest.
  • yeaa I just askee her if it was ok to start patatoes not how often n she said yeaa.:)
  • Have you tried rice yet?
  • yeaa rice cerial
  • I would do the cereal in morning and potatoes later like afternoon. but you can always check with doc if if not sure. good luck. beautiful baby!:)8
  • yeaa thts wat I was thinking.. but I wann kno which cerial is healthier for her.. thanks :)
  • I get Sprout organic brown rice cereal. It comes in a green bag.
  • ok thanks!
  • any1 else!?
  • I would do cereal in the morning and potatoes for lunch
  • We just got the ok to start solids. We decided to just try out a bunch of them to see what she likes. We do each for 3 days, to make sure there is no allergic reaction. We have done 2 days of sweet potatoes so far. We are going to do bananas next. I figure a couple weeks of once a day and work up to twice a day, then I will do a different one in the morning and evening.
  • k thanks ladiessss
  • edited January 2012
    I just started my baby on sweet potatoes also! He don't like the rice cereal unless mixed with fruits lol! But I have a Gerber booklet for starting solids for supported sitters and it says morning: breastmilk/formula bottle, breakfast: 3/4 tub of fruit & 4 tbsps rice cereal, mid morning: bottle, lunch 4oz bottle & 1/2 tub sweet potatoes, afternoon snack: 4 oz bottle & 3/4 tub peaches, dinner: 4oz bottle 3/4 green beans & 4 tbsps rice cereal, evening feeding: milk

Lol just an idea I dnt do this because we just started and haven't gone thru all the things he can eat just yet my baby now just has 1/2 tub of sweet potatoes with a 4 oz bottle once a day and his regular 6 or 7oz bottles the rest of the day!
  • thats wat I'm doin too.. just one a day then milk.. once she tries all the other things ill do that.. how olds ur bby!??
  • but I give mine a whoke thing of patatoes then 2oz
  • She is 4 months old. We are just doing the fruits and veggies right now. She isn't really a fan of the rice cereal. I think I am going to make her oatmeal cereal instead and she if she likes that better. But I will do that in a few weeks. I make everything with the Baby Bullet. I love it.
  • I have a bbu bullet 2!!! n love itt