Dr. Brown bottle question

My daugther is 2 months will be 3 mons feb 9...since birth she's been using the number 1 size nipples...when should u start using number 2's...or how do u know when to use them?

Comments

• When she has a stinky diaper i sing my own verision of the smelly cat song from friends. She smiles everytime
  • They say at 3 months to go to level 2, then at 6 months to level 3. My baby is 11 weeks and I actually just tried the level 2 this morning for the first time & she did fine, didn't even notice a difference in her sucking, it just didn't take as long to feed her! Hope that helps! Also, when you buy the Dr. Brown nipples there is a guide with the different levels on the back.
  • edited January 2012
    This might be a stupid question, how do I know what size nipples are on my lo's bottles? I use Dr. Brown's as well.
  • They will say right on the base of the nipple. I think they all come with size one, so if you've never changed them then that's probably what they are. @juliansmommy
  • edited January 2012
    @baileygoose- thank you so much, I appreciate it:) It's time I buy size 2 nipples.
  • @juliansmommy no problem!! There's so much to learn with these baby's, I tell ya!
  • I was wondering this same thing. My son is just about 5 months and still on #1nipple, he doesn't take a bottle often enough to matter tho.
  • My daughter is 2.5 months and haa been on level 2 nipples since about 3 weeks ago. She was used to my strong let down from when I was bfing so the level ones were no good for her. Shrs been on 2 since she started bottle feeding basically.It took her 20 minutes to finish a bottle with the level one & then she would leave about half an oz because it would start to get cold before she finished. I had to go to level 2. Now she finishes her bottle in about 5 minutes!